[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Direct payments stopped for a carer - Carers UK Forum

Direct payments stopped for a carer

All about money
Hi I am a carer for my Disabled Husband, & all of a sudden my Direct payment I get I fear has been stopped. So this means that I can no longer have any treatments eg a massage or Reflexology at all. I cant go out to work. My Disabled Husband gets a direct payment as hes severely sighted, but oh I can go and jump in the fish pond. !! Well I feel absolutley torn aprt. I never have any outings , as we like to go out together as a couple. Thats our right & wish to do so. My Husband doesnt want to go into restpite, & I understand this. But surely why am I not allowed a perk for caring for him? Or shall I go & see the GP for a massive supply of antidepressants?Please please can some one advise me? Thank-you regards Amandah
Amandah, have you contacted social services to find out if the payments have indeed stopped and it's not a glitch in the payments department?

In my area, carers payments aren't permanent, they are usually a one off payment or a regular payment for a fixed term. Carers can reapply every 12 months.

Melly1
Hi Amanda
I'm wondering if you've had an official carers assessment with your local authority? Some areas offer schemes for carers where you can get vouchers for therapies or treats, or discounts etc so it would be worth asking.
Hi Thank-you for your replys. I will look into things this coming week.With out fail. My Husband still gerts his & nothing has changed there.I had a carers assessment done in May this year with Husbands social worker! But because I got niggled by some thing she said to me & walked out of the room in tears!! Shes even got it on file about me loosing my cool with my walking stick. Regards Amandah