CA entitlement advice please

All about money
Hi,

I am new to the forum and I am hoping someone can advise me...

I look after my elderly gentleman friend, and we wondered if I would be entitled to claim CA...
    I am in receipt of £127.15 per week income related ESA (support group)
      I work 5 hours per week and earn £35 per week (permitted work)
        My friend is in receipt of £85.60 per week Attendance Allowance and £12.49 per week Pension Credit (along with his state pension and private pension)

Thank you in advance,
        Beki
        Not quite that simple !

You are unable to be paid both of these benefits at the same time. However you should still claim Carers Allowance, you will not receive payment, but you will be eligible for the Carer Premium in your ESA applicable amount.

In essence , CA cannot be added to your ESA.

It's normally one or the other ... with a bit of what's known as the Carer Premium thrown in for good measure.

Best step forward would be crunching some numbers into an online benefits calculator to see the results :

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/

Housing Benefit being claimed ?

Live alone ... Council Tax discount ?

Universal Credit rolled out on your manor ?

Having digested those results , time for us to answer any further questions ?
        Chris From The Gulag wrote: You are unable to be paid both of these benefits at the same time. However you should still claim Carers Allowance, you will not receive payment, but you will be eligible for the Carer Premium in your ESA applicable amount.
        Not quite true! I get my CA 'topped up' by 8.5 a week ESA(c).....
        The Carers Premium bit !
        It's normally one or the other ... with a bit of what's known as the Carer Premium thrown in for good measure.

Said extract from the Government's own web site.

Welfare Rights benefit Guide :
        If you are paid C.A. or have claimed C.A. but are unable to be paid it due to having another benefit in your own right, you will have the carer premium (£34.60) included in your applicable amount for Employment Support Allowance (Income Related), Income Support (I.S), Income Based Jobseekers, Pension Credit, Housing and Council Tax Benefits and Universal Credit.

Double confirmed.
        Thanks for the replies.

Having punched the numbers into entitledto.com, it seems, basically, they would just replace one benefit with another, with maybe a few quid difference here or there. So not worth the hassle.

Cheers
        Your welcome.

As predicted.

Few quid difference ?

Makes all the difference to many in The Street.
        Join a group for carer's and get a sly dig? Not what I expected...
        There's a reason why I'm on ESA... and yes, the hassle isn't worth it.
        Not at all.

Around half of family / kinship carers out there ... 3.8 / 3.9 million ... are on The Street ... below / at / close to the Official Poverty Line ( Old or new definition , the numbers are around the same, )

For them , the choice of to eat or heat or keeping a roof over their head is very real ... a daily balancing act.
        I appreciate that, but personally, the stress/anxiety that making the change could cause, for a small amount of money, outweighs eating. I am not exaggerating.

People are too quick to jump to conclusions these days.

I think I will join a more empathetic forum.

Goodbye.
        Farewell.

Not a conclusion , more actual reality ?

Just ask Trussells and Shelter.