[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DLA to be taxed? - Carers UK Forum

DLA to be taxed?

All about money
I hear Ian Duncan-Smith wants to tax DLA to make more money.

Not good.

Gilli
he has also said he will tax universal benfits for pensioners but the one big worry for some is the rumour that the carers allowance may well be paid to just close family members the total amount of carers in receipt of the allowance has grown more then the extra people claiming benefits that allow someone to claim carers allowance ie D.L.A. A.A. C.A.A. ( at the right levels ) mobility allowances are or may be taxed this will affect those of working age who use the Motability scheme . also under threat is the disabled band reduction on council tax as one tory said once the homes adapted that should be it ...and prescriptions may be available free to those in retirement not just the over 60`s and councils may be able to opt out of the carers council tax discount worth 25% for a carer who lives with the person they care for and are not spouse, civil partner same sex partner all will be made clear before May 2015 .... oh aye and no more cash for the so called scroungers just a pre paid card .....
And then the government get worried that UKIP are doing so well????
i doubt ukip will will any better . at least after may we won't have to look at his photo anymore .
I am useless at telling jokes. One of the only ones I can ever remember goes like this...
Q. How can you tell a politician is lying?
A. His lips are moving.

I've had at least 10 invitations to become a councillor, from other councillors. In one election, both Lib Dems and Conservatives ask me to stand for them. I declined, on the grounds that I was a carer and couldn't spare the time. In truth, I was afraid that after the first meeting the local newspaper would report that I was not toeing the line. Mixing with steam engine owners has given me a very "floral" alternative vocabulary!!!
Please don't start speculating on what or may not come in, will only start to worry the carers and me, and it'll start to depress the lot of us.
We have the likes of daily mail to do that, with there dooms day look on life, if this and that would happen, we are all doomed out look.
Came across this on the internet. It's very funny except it's no laughing matter; if that makes any sense? We really are going backwards. Did you know that Cameron received DLA for his disabled son; and now they want to tax it! I bet if his son was still alive, that would be knocked on the head. IDS, with his £39 breakfast, underpants, wet wipes, etc claimed for at taxpayers expense is the biggest benefit scrounger going... what a hypocrite!

http://gregmoodie.com/credit-where-credits-due/
Cameron called himself a weekend carer and yes he did claim various benefits or his son IVAN who died at an early age and to be honest I see nothing wrong with that at all we cant go down the route of means testing disability benfits can we? his biggest problem at least he said the biggest problem for him was all the forms he had to fill in to claim the disability benfits that would support his son he went on to claim that if in power he would make it easier for carers in fact he said the CARER should receive the money not just for themselves but for the disabled person in their care to spend as they see fit on the person they care for as he said carers know what they and their family need ... what a bleeding joke ....
Sajehar wrote:Came across this on the internet. It's very funny except it's no laughing matter; if that makes any sense? We really are going backwards. Did you know that Cameron received DLA for his disabled son; and now they want to tax it! I bet if his son was still alive, that would be knocked on the head. IDS, with his £39 breakfast, underpants, wet wipes, etc claimed for at taxpayers expense is the biggest benefit scrounger going... what a hypocrite!

http://gregmoodie.com/credit-where-credits-due/
did the wet wipes have anything to do with his underpants. :D :D :D