Benefits and inheritance.

All about money
Don't leave or give any to your daughter directly, as this will affect her income support, and the council will want it for the care they provide, either now or in the future!
On the trust angle ... " To beat care home and other caring costs " ... be aware.

Several challenges have been mounted in response to some " Trusts " out there as an Internet search will reveal.

If even thinking along these lines , expert advice is strongly recommended.

Even then , any fiscal measures taken in future Budgets may alter the ball game.
Absolutely, trusts definitely need expert knowledge, especially when someone is disabled. If it's in her sole name, Social Services can get their hands on it, so it has to be a "discretionary trust". I'm currently going through this myself, lots to learn.
Only sure fire way to find out is for your defence barrister to win a case in a High Court !

Dare I mention the legal fees debacle for such cases ?

If so , I'll trawl on me night shift , and post ... purely as interest for those at the wrong end of a challenge.

Sod it ... 11 seconds :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... egal%20aid

'Bout time I sent in me time sheets ... all that EU law on how many hours to work etc. etc.

" Chris , aren't you always telling us that none of that applies to us in CarerLand ? "

( Joker ? Not to FORMER carers , squire ! )
Mencap have a Trusts department, maybe contact them. I went to a presentation they gave. Very helpful.
Links for Mencap :

https://www.mencap.org.uk/advice-and-su ... ts-service

Guide which is viewable in .pdf format :

https://www.mencap.org.uk/our-wills-and ... -resources

Interesting sales pitch ... actually factual ... anyone with £ 6k or more in savings WILL find the major benefits affected !

Did you know that a lump-sum inheritance – even as little as £6,000 – can affect your child’s benefit entitlements ?

Without the right arrangements in place, there is a greater risk of your child’s future being negatively impacted. Leaving a lump-sum inheritance is simply not an option, and here’s why.

Could not see anything on costs / fees ... that will probably be on the menu after one's enquires further.

Always a good one ... IF a charity is offering a service on a commercial basis ... say cost +.

That " Plus " ... how much of that goes to the front line / in paying salaries ???

2019 ... " Charities " ... actual or merely perceptions thereof ???
Had a chat to forbes solicitor this morning. Trusts will not be suitable (although some will tell you otherwise and charge £1000s) and altering the will will be seen as intentional deprivation of capital.
He recommended contacting cab about the buy to let avenue and weather it will be counted as income or/and capital.
At the moment looks like im stuffed. :-???
..... and the spectre of Brexit like a storm cloud to beat all storm clouds on the horizon ?

Like a maze ... there is a way out ... eventually ?

Keep trawling and asking questions ... someone out there will have the correct solution !

Trouble is , in the land of salespersons , spot the one true one who is more concerned about YOU ... and not the back hander
he / she receives on any sale !!!!!

" Alright for you lot to say that. Here , in CarerLand , we have to feed the meters before the sun ever shines on our world ! "
House sold cash buyer wants to complete in 4 weeks. Seeing welfare solicitor week tomorrow in Londinium.
Now to make a list of questions for his £180 30 minute fee...
£ 180 ... a coffee ... and a caviar sandwich with a side order of a truffle ?

That's The Smoke for you !

With or without the VAT ... discount for cash ?

I hope it proves useful , Julian.