[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Benefit entitlement confused? - Carers UK Forum

Benefit entitlement confused?

All about money
Hello looking for some advice please.
I have been on contribution employment & support for 3 yrs now in the support group my husband has unfortunately had to give his self employed job up 3 weeks ago he put a claim in for employment & support but they done it as a joint claim & have awarded him a whopping 30p lol they said he isnt entitled to contribution esa as he hadnt paid enough national insurance over the last 3 years the esa are sending us a form to complete to be reassessed with me as lead name? They say we will be entitled to more as premiums will be added ? Im so confused :-??? He started claiming carers allowance but was told to cancel it to which the carers allowance unit said no he doesnt need to as the esa unit was talking rubbish so the carers allowance is carrying on this is stressing us out
Thank you marie
Hello Marie and welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits and will be able to clarify matters for you.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

0808 808 7777
advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm

If you can’t get through on the phones (lines are often oversubscribed) then send them an email, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.
Hi Marie, the helpline will give you brilliant advice, so please don't panic. A friend of mine has just retired from DWP. In the good old days of local offices the people on the phone giving advice were always senior staff. Now they've been replaced with a computer programme, American in origin, which doesn't cover every option, but the price was right!! Then they employed completely new staff who were given minimal training on how to use the inadequate computer. My friend took early retirement in the end, just couldn't stand it any more.