[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pip advice needed - Carers UK Forum

pip advice needed

All about money
hi i am a carer for my wife who is mentally ill , i am disabled my self with sponylosis , osteoarthritis of the facet joints, bronchiectasis , severe spinal stenosis stenosis,chondromalacia patellae, personality disorder , spine disc affected L5/S1.L3/4,L4/5 , I have just had my result of my pip assessment and all pip has awarded me is the standard rate of £55.10 a week allthough i was on high rate mobility with dla for over 20 years , i have appealed against the decision of no mobility compont they have said that i have 28 days to get more evidence , what is pip asking for as i have supplied hospital letters and drs letters to say i have a mobility problem , i had to conatct the blue badge people to tell them as i am honest they said to return my badge and reapply. i am going to appeal againt this and wrote a statement my friend said its to long can i advice on this please thanks

Dear or madam

i am writing to you concerning my appeal for pip standard rate, as you unable to pay mobility from 19 october 2016 due to dla is paying my mobility at the moment, i have been on dla high mobilty for the past 20years,
because of my continuing pain i receive in my body reasons are that i have got severe spinal stenosis and facet joint
osteoarthris affecting levels at L5/S1,L3/4,L4/5, pins and needles everywhere ,patella hypermobility and wearing knee braces to support my knees,persistent hyperalgesia and hypersensitivity which causes severe mobility issues i am under the care of the orthopaedic team
and painmanagement solutions , i did attend pain management at the local hospital some years ago and it did not help i had
acupuncture, physio, tens machine, hydro therapy, cortisone injections, in which did not help all though i take my pain relief it does not help
i do get distressed about the amount of pain i am in i am continuing seeing my gp on a regaular basics due to the amount of pain and
health problems i have, i have seen my gp yet again today 16/01/2017 and she is sending me off for a urgent xray on my left hip and left leg
i am really concerned that i will end up in a wheel chair due to my health problems, there had been times when i cannot continue because of
all the pain but i have to continue as i am a carer for my wife who is mentally ill,
on a day to day basics i suffer with pain all the time i have a lot of pain when i am going to and in bed my wife has to make sure that i am
comfortable as it is hard for me turn in bed without help from my wife before she goes to bed her self , i have lots of pain when i am having a bath as i cannot wash my self everywhere when i have a bath
so my wife helps me in and out of bath and to wash my lower parts but she does wash my back as i cannot manage due to my pain and it can take on average 30 to 40 minutes to have a bath and to get dried , when i am in or out walking, sitting i get pins and needles
though out my body , my dr has explained that i have got trapped nerves in my back which is causing the sensation of not beeing able to feel correctly,
when i am getting dressed and undressed my wife has to try and help as i am in alot of pain in my back ,when i am walking with a hot drink get alot of pain in my back,
even when i try and prepare a meal but using a kitchen knife and chopping i get a lot of pain in my back ,when i am going up and down stairs i get alot of pain in my back, when i am sitting down i get alot of pain in my back and cannot
get comfortable and cannot sit down or stand for long periods of time,even when i use sit down on the toilet and trying to get up i am in alot of pain and trying to wipe my self its impossible without turning round and putting 1 foot on the toilet seat just to wipe my bottom , every day is a struggle to cope with the amount of pain i am in all my wife says is that she
wish she could do more for me but she cannot , all she can do is her best and watch me suffer with all my pain ,about 10 years ago i had pneumonia and the gp service wondered why i keep getting infections so i had to have a ct scan which show i am suffering from bronchiectasis
when i am struggling with my pain makes me short of breath when i try and do things i have use alot of effort and i get totaly fed up with all the pain i am getting , i am trying to have a bath , get dressed and undressed , walking , talking to someone , cooking , using stairs,
beause of my pain i cannot walk for long as it causes me a lot of pain i can walk for 5 minutes but within that 5 minutes i am in a lot of pain with my health problems even if i walk 10feet i am in alot of pain
i do rest for around 60 seconds before i try and walk again with the pain i am in i get very distressed and anxious but i still try and continue to do the task and end up worse off.
allthough we have a automatic car i cannot travel far becuae of all the pain i am in when i get in or out of our car i am in pain as i have to twist my body to get in or out , i wish i could go different places for my wifes sake but i cannot .we have got adaptions in place eg: 5 rails , disabled toilet , bath chair lift ,
perching tool , chair raiser , pillow lifter , high raised kitchen, we are on the councils waiting list under medical priority a - to be moved to a more suitable propety due to health issues, i have just had another appointment from pain management at michael hillman building , lewis victoria hospital lewis on 15th feb 2017 at 3pm with dr tom smith by hospital transport

as far as carers support i have been a carer for my wife for 20yrs and in that 20yrs i have had only a total of 12 weeks , red cross, carers break , association of carers cannot find anyone to help with my wifes mental condition so i feel alone

thanks
Hello Dean

Firstly I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

telephone: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.

Because it can be difficult to get through on the phone (lines are often oversubscribed) I suggest you copy your post here and email them, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.

Alternatively you could contact your local Citizen's Advice Bureau who should be able to help you with your appeal letter.
susieq wrote:Hello Dean

Firstly I suggest that you contact the Carers UK Adviceline team as they are the experts on all matters related to caring and benefits.
Need expert advice? You can talk to the Carers UK Adviceline five days a week, no matter where you are in the UK or how complex your query is. We do benefits checks and advise on financial and practical matters related to caring.

telephone: 0808 808 7777
email: advice@carersuk.org
Open Monday to Friday, 10am to 4pm

The Carers UK Adviceline also includes a listening service, there for you to talk through your caring situation with a trained volunteer who understands what you are going through. Available Mondays and Tuesdays, from 9am to 7pm.

Because it can be difficult to get through on the phone (lines are often oversubscribed) I suggest you copy your post here and email them, they’ll usually get back to you within 3-5 working days.

Alternatively you could contact your local Citizen's Advice Bureau who should be able to help you with your appeal letter.
hi susieq thankyou for your reply i have taken advice from them and to me its the same story they give you advice you take the advice and there is nothing at the end of it , we was under adult social care due to disabed and mental health problems they said that there is nothing that can be done it is like hit my head against the wall all the time liek i said to care for the carers after they said that there was nothing they could do and i said it is suppose to be care for the carers where is the support they could not answer because there is no one who can look after my wife due to mental problems unless she goes into a home and i will not go that way it is unfair on her thanks
Have you had a DWP medical yet, or is this just a paper based refusal?
Are you sure it was the Carers UK adviceline you contacted? This is our own charity's advice line, not to be confused with the DWP Carers Assessment unit.
bowlingbun wrote:Have you had a DWP medical yet, or is this just a paper based refusal?
Are you sure it was the Carers UK adviceline you contacted? This is our own charity's advice line, not to be confused with the DWP Carers Assessment unit.
hi bowlingbun thankyou for your reply with my health problems i had our drs and it was accepted by dla my problems are getting worse , when i had to go from dla to pip i like everyone else had a form to fill out with a assessment that followed , as far as i am concerned pip have not awarded me enough points , so i am rying to appeal but what i found out is that the reason my pip are not paying mobility is that dla is untill 7 feb 2017 but pip have not indicated that they will pay mobility , i have had to hand in my blue badge and i have to re class the tax on the car , with the lack of support i have tried everyone i was given advice about with no luck as my wife has bipolar disorder as well as other problems like psychosis which comes out when stressed , my wife will hit and kick me more than anyone else even at same stage i have had to get the police involved as my safty was at risk, i have had no medical from DWP Carers Assessment unit, i am very concerned that when it comes to my wife pip she will fail as from what i understand because of my wife having dystonia as well they will not accept it as being disabled , my wife cannot manage her own affears either so it is all down to me allthough i have all my health problems to deal with thanks
I have had pip medical, it was very cold and methodical. She was not their to play games, she definitely ran the interview. It was long and intense. About one hour. My partner came to support me. Weeks later I got my decision. I was awarded standard rate. I was not disappointed to be awarded this amount. But once I had read through the transcript of the interview. I was very angry that they awarded me money for many blatant errors in my diagnosis, and statements she said I made in interview. I know this to be untrue. This is what made me angry. NOT the money. So I challenged pip. They said now it was out of their hands and I had to appeal. So I am going to the tribunal in a couple days and let you know how I get on. I wonder if we could record are interviews for exactly this reason?
Hi Noreen, tribunals are OK, I''ve been to a few with friends with disabled children. They have to be run formally, and there is a set procedure. From memory one member of the tribunal has to have legal training, another has to come from a disabled organisation. They have always been very fair. If you are not at your best at meetings, make a few reminder notes of what is important and relevant to your application. Last time I saw the figures, at least 50% of applications for reconsideration/appeal/tribunal were successful. Just make sure you arrive in plenty of time so you are not flustered.
hi i have amended my statement for pip and asked them for a copy of there report as they are not paying mobility i am thinking this is will to a tribunal . thanks

Dear or madam my appeal about pip benefit

i am writing to you concerning my appeal for pip standard rate and mobility as you unable to pay mobility from 19 october 2016 due to dla is paying my mobility at the moment,on the 18th/01/2017 i phone pip up again and found out that you will not be paying me mobility in which i do not understand why as you have all the medical evidence, i have been on dla high mobilty for the past 20years,
because of my continuing pain, i dont feel that pip assessors or pip themself understand how my disability affects me on a day to day basics as they are not drs, or consultants allthough pip has had medical evidence.they are not paying mobility, pip know from the medical evidence that i have got severe spinal stenosis and facet joint
osteoarthris affecting levels at L5/S1,L3/4,L4/5, pins and needles everywhere ,patella hypermobility and wearing knee braces to support my knees,persistent hyperalgesia and hypersensitivity , Bursitis, sciatica , which causes severe mobility issues i am under the care of the orthopaedic team
and painmanagement solutions , i did attend pain management at the local hospital some years ago and it did not help i had
acupuncture, physio, tens machine, hydro therapy, cortisone injections, in which did not help all though i take my pain relief it does not help
i do get distressed about the amount of pain i am in i am continuing seeing my gp on a regaular basics due to the amount of pain and
health problems i have, i have seen my gp yet again today 16/01/2017 and she is sending me off for a urgent xray on my left hip and left leg
i am really concerned that i will end up in a wheel chair due to my health problems, there had been times when i cannot continue because of
all the pain but i have to continue as i am a carer for my wife who is mentally ill,
on a day to day basics i suffer with pain all the time i have a lot of pain when i am going to and in bed my wife has to make sure that i am
comfortable as it is hard for me turn in bed without help from my wife before she goes to bed her self , i have lots of pain when i am having a bath as i cannot wash my self everywhere when i have a bath i cannot strarghten my left leg allso i get numbness and pins and needles through out my body
so my wife helps me in and out of bath and to wash my lower parts but she does wash my back as i cannot manage due to my pain and it can take on average 30 to 40 minutes to have a bath and to get dried , when i am in or out walking, sitting i get pins and needles and numbness
though out my body , my dr has explained that i have got trapped nerves in my back which is causing the sensation of not beeing able to feel correctly,
when i am getting dressed and undressed my wife has to try and help as i am in alot of pain in my back ,when i am walking with a hot drink get alot of pain in my back,
even when i try and prepare a meal but using a kitchen knife and chopping i get a lot of pain in my back ,when i am going up and down stairs i get alot of pain in my back, when i am sitting down i get alot of pain in my back and cannot
get comfortable and cannot sit down or stand for long periods of time,even when i use sit down on the toilet and trying to get up i am in alot of pain and trying to wipe my self its impossible without turning round and putting 1 foot on the toilet seat just to wipe my bottom , every day is a struggle to cope with the amount of pain i am in all my wife says is that she
wish she could do more for me but she cannot , all she can do is her best and watch me suffer with all my pain ,about 10 years ago i had pneumonia and the gp service wondered why i keep getting infections so i had to have a ct scan which show i am suffering from bronchiectasis
when i am struggling with my pain makes me short of breath when i try and do things i have use alot of effort and i get totaly fed up with all the pain i am getting , i am trying to have a bath , get dressed and undressed , walking , talking to someone , cooking , using stairs,
beause of my pain i cannot walk for long as it causes me a lot of pain i can walk for 5 minutes but within that 5 minutes i am in a lot of pain with my health problems even if i walk 10feet i am in alot of pain
i do rest for around 60 seconds before i try and walk again with the pain i am in i get very distressed and anxious but i still try and continue to do the task and end up worse off.
allthough we have a automatic car i cannot travel far becuae of all the pain i am in when i get in or out of our car i am in pain as i have to twist my body to get in or out when we do go out it does not matter where like all drivers the roads have problems like pot holes , lumps and bumps etc which do not help with a back problem , i wish i could go different places for my wifes sake but i cannot .we have got adaptions in place eg: 5 rails , disabled toilet , bath chair lift ,
perching tool , chair raiser , pillow lifter , high raised kitchen, we are on the councils waiting list under medical priority a - to be moved to a more suitable propety due to health issues, i have just had another appointment from pain management at michael hillman building , lewis victoria hospital lewis on 15th feb 2017 at 3pm with dr tom smith by hospital transport
i had to go to the hospital and see ic24 on the 17/01/2017 and was put onto gabapentin 300mg and diazepam 2mg , i have to take these and my other pain meds and morphine every 4 hrs as i am too much pain , with all my pain i find it extremely difficult to manage day to day tasks as i have to put in a extremely lot of effect in doing things because of my pain .

regards
scroll down on this link and will explain procedures
http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... ce-payment

Challenging a benefit decision - appeal process from step 5 on this link
http://www.carersuk.org/help-and-advice ... t-decision

If you want to complain once appeal heard
How to make a complaint

If you are unhappy with the way your claim has been dealt with, eg long delays or lost forms, you should first contact the PIP enquiry line on 0345 850 3322 (England, Wales & Scotland) or 0300 123 9221 (Northern Ireland).

If you’re unhappy with their response you’ll be asked if you want your complaint sent to a Complaint Resolution Manager. They aim to deal with complaints within 15 working days.

If you’re still unhappy, you can then ask the Independent Case Examiner to investigate – they’ll be impartial and this is free.
You can ask for home visit from your local welfare rights officer, number usually available from local council offices. Just depends on how busy they are though as to whether you get one in time to help. May be quicker to go to them. ( This service available in our area and others so assuming hopefully same in yours )

x x