[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Benefit cuts leaked? - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

Benefit cuts leaked?

All about money
Sorry Caravanj - its hard to get humour in the written word sometimes. Blame me being knackered running up and down to the hospital at the mo. Very sorry for being a tube! All the best

Eun
xx
Family carers are among the most responsible members of society. CarerWatch, along with others, believes suggestions made in recent leaked documents of moving carers to universal credit would result in an unfair system that gives no recognition whatsoever of the contribution carers make to society
see in full here
http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015 ... are_btn_fb
Well said, Rosemary!
Where would the country be without us Carers?!
Not just the people we care for, but the country as a whole.
It's time to think seriously about the whole situation.
Carers need respect for the job (caring) they do
Eun wrote:Sorry Caravanj - its hard to get humour in the written word sometimes. Blame me being knackered running up and down to the hospital at the mo. Very sorry for being a tube! All the best

Eun
xx
Hi Eun,

The humour was the fact that the Tories weren't in power in April 2010 when the adult allowance for the State Pension was abolished.

It was good old New Labour that did it which confirms your post about them.
I think income support is a great thing that needs to be revised and although carers allowance is just as important there are many people that need income support. Saying that I think that carers allowance does need to be raised but I don't think it should put pressure on people who also have income support :blink: . It is unfair that the government don't see this as a problem as they don't seem to understand the effort that carers put in to their work. We shouldn't just be a backthought! :angry:
http://www.patient.co.uk/health/income-support
Here's a cynical point of view, you are on benefits because you can't work due to being a full time carer. Your benefits are reduced because you receive carers allowance, yet you must care for the person for at least 35 hours a week, the equivalent of full time work. Minimum wage is £6.50 for over 21's. £61.35 divided by 35 = £1.75 per hour and all parties bang on about making cuts!!! please...
Or, for those caring every waking hour (like me) it works out less than 50p per hour and that's IF you can claim carers allowance, with no holidays, days off or breaks......
Floyd_1504 wrote:Here's a cynical point of view, you are on benefits because you can't work due to being a full time carer. Your benefits are reduced because you receive carers allowance, yet you must care for the person for at least 35 hours a week, the equivalent of full time work. Minimum wage is £6.50 for over 21's. £61.35 divided by 35 = £1.75 per hour and all parties bang on about making cuts!!! please...
Here's an even more cynical pont of view.

I'm in receipt of a basic State Pension of £113.31pw so if as a carer I would otherwise have got Carers' Allowance of £61.35pw it means, in effect, my State Pension is £51.96pw.