[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Benefit cuts leaked? - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Benefit cuts leaked?

All about money
I dare say a lot of it is "electioneering", all geared to appeal to the swing-voters. Always funny how these so called leaks always come just before an election. What a horrible bunch they are- on both sides of the house.
I'm sure back before the last general election the labour party was going to scrap the carers allowance, and the cons were up in arms about it back then, now the tables have turned, don't you just love the government parties using the carers to score political points. And now all they are doing is causing anxiety for us carers.
The gerneral governemt love the work we do because is cheap slave work for the public but they are not willing to pay us a allowance, if they had a chance they would scrap it tomorrow, and they are thinking up different ways to fix the rules so as little are able to claim it.
I'm not remotely surprised. Whether it would have (will be) been implemented or not, just the notion that it has been considered make my blood boil. Hit the most deserving and vulnerable again.
Lesley
No decisions yet on benefit cuts, says Duncan Smith
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-32105829

Speculation or fact, it still needs fought against and nipped in the bud. He has stated there is to definitely be £12bn from the welfare budget by 2017-18. So few benefits not been touched already that CA could possibly be one of those targeted next.
Yes it's only the wicked Tories that would cut benefits, Labour would never do such a dreadful thing.

I remember back in April 2010 when the evil Tories stopped the adult dependent element of some benefits including the State Pension which means that, although I'm married, I only get the single persons' State Pension.

That would never have happened under a Labour government.
The Labour government introduced ATOS and the WCA in the first place so don't kid yourself. They are exactly the same as the Tories. They will be cutting benefits too if they get in. They have said that they are not the party for those who are out of work or on benefits and that they will be tougher on benefits than the Tories! I am hoping we can get as many SNP in there as possible and maybe even proclaim UDI!!

Eun
I'm useless at jokes. However the one I can always remember is as follows:-

Q. How can you tell when a politician is lying?
A. His lips are moving.
caravanj wrote:Yes it's only the wicked Tories that would cut benefits, Labour would never do such a dreadful thing.

I remember back in April 2010 when the evil Tories stopped the adult dependent element of some benefits including the State Pension which means that, although I'm married, I only get the single persons' State Pension.

That would never have happened under a Labour government.
I thought somebody would have spotted my little jest by now. Lol.
I did notice the irony, caravanj.