[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Benefit cuts leaked? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Benefit cuts leaked?

All about money
I don't work as I took voluntary redundancy five years ago having earnt so little I didn't pay tax or N.I. I claim no benefits and never have but I was going to try for carers allowance once I got mum's attendance allowance sorted. Don't think I'll bother now.
I'm merging this with another topic in the Benefits section on the same subject.

I can see that this would be very worrying for a lot of people but the report does say that this is speculation at this time.

Tracey - I think you should go ahead with your claim for CA; at the moment Universal Credit is only be rolled out to
people of working age who are looking for work or on a low income. It’s being introduced gradually between April 2013 and 2017
and is intended to replace/merge
•Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
•Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
•Income Support
•Child Tax Credit
•Working Tax Credit
•Housing Benefit
As the old saying goes: 'no smoke without fire'.
While some politicians are busy trying to persuade voters that all fault lies with 'benefit scroungers' they conveniently overlook those whose needs are genuine.
Juggler wrote:As the old saying goes: 'no smoke without fire'.
While some politicians are busy trying to persuade voters that all fault lies with 'benefit scroungers' they conveniently overlook those whose needs are genuine.
I agree, Juggler. I really worry about S's future.

Henrietta- good for you.

Melly1
These are the worst case conservative policies, they are playing mind games with us again. So if in any hellish nightmare the cons did get back in, this would be somthing of a worst case scenario of what the policies what we are seeing leaked now.
Basically they are testing the water, testing if we would stomach these hellish policies and still get the cons back in government.
Yes Tracy_1412 i would still go for a claim for CA, better have something coming in than nothing, not losing out if they do change something in the future with the rules.
Still no hope of me getting CA as I now get my pension.
I currently get Carers' Allowance & Income Support. Will I be affected or should me and my mother jump off the motorway bridge now? :?
Mullington, I'm in the same boat as you, and me being me I've blown up the entire issue out of proportion. I've lost sleep as I think, how can I save etc. etc. I just wish the 'slam door' trains were still around - I could get rid of a lot of stress!

When I first heard of this issue, I was livid but then I thought, as has been mentioned, this is only a proposal SO tried not to worry too much. I had a chocolate bar, felt better, then felt guilty for eating the chocolate. I've never trusted IDS (too full of himself) but will follow developments carefully.

Henrietta - I think I will get in touch with my MP, and see what he has to say about things.

Having watched/listened to the 'press' since this was first mentioned, I get the feeling that this particular subject will roll & roll.

Keep smiling everyone!

Viv xx
mullington wrote:I currently get Carers' Allowance & Income Support. Will I be affected or should me and my mother jump off the motorway bridge now? :?
We don't yet know if anyone is going to affected - this is all pure speculation based on an old savings proposal report. I would suggest that any major political party considering such cuts would be committing political suicide; also bear in mind that with the election coming up all the parties will be looking for any such reports that show each other in a bad light - it's scaremongering of the worst kind.