[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
help with CA & AA - Carers UK Forum

help with CA & AA

All about money
Hello, for the past year and a bit I have been caring for both my parents. As my parents health have deteriorated I have found it more of a struggle.

The current situation is thus: on paperwork/forms etc. I am 'down' as my dads carer and my dad is my mums carer. I claim CA, both parents claim AA.

I was wondering if it is possible to have two carers for two separate people and what would happen to the AA and if the second carer could claim CA.

For instance I would still care for my father and claim CA (no change) but a second person would then become my mums carer instead of my dad, does this make sense at all?

Does anyone know if this is possible and if the second carer could claim CA or if my parents benefits would change so they lost any income

thank you for your time
Fade
Sure: there are almost infinite permutations of carer situations to dream up just to keep the DWP on their toes. Regard it as an intellectual form of stimulation, like playing Scrabble online, and do the best you can from what's on offer. As long as there are 35 hours involved, anything goes. Best check with the carers helpline if you have any worries about it though, they will put you right.