[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bedroom tax will it hit you/carers ??? - Page 19 - Carers UK Forum

bedroom tax will it hit you/carers ???

All about money
311 posts
Well we'll see when the shit hits the fan as they say, from april 1st, i know what you mean about it being stupid, the cons just love to make problems.
Best keep a eye out for the housing benefit in my dads bank account from april 1st.
Apparently it won't be from April 1st because Universal Credit has been postponed until October.
Lets hope its postponed for ever! They say they will be paying it monthly in arrears so that means people will be without money for a whole month!
It's hard to believe that a group of civilised, educated people (allegedly) can come up with such unfair and unworkable crap.
Thatcherites...all of them... Image

" there's no such thing as society ...only individuals...." MT
in other words....i'm alright jack.... Image
Lets hope its postponed for ever! They say they will be paying it monthly in arrears so that means people will be without money for a whole month!
But the council or landlord will expect their rent in advance. If folks are struggling to make ends meet on a weekly basis how on earth will they manage this new debachle?

Hubby`s DLA was changed from weekly on the week it was due to four weekly in arrears without consultation and it really threw the cat amongst the pigeons.xx
Its going to be a right mess, decent folk will be struggling and those that arent decent will be doing god knows what to fund habits etc
How many of us take for granted a sound night's sleep? And how many wouldn't be able to get through the day without it?
Helena Herklots. Chief Executive of Carers UK
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/helena- ... _hp_ref=tw
Hi guys, still no real information on this. Image
We got a letter to say we only need one room as we're a married couple.
I told them about the rules regarding non resident Care workers and if I supply the PA's resident details they'll consider awarding an additional room!
I then ask what about my respite? The 3 nights a week for undisturbed sleep - just how can this hapen if I've no room to sleep in?
Their answer? Just because Social Services fincially support this doesn't mean the law will allow us to give you a room!
Well, words fail on that one! Image
So...we wait, again!
Any suggestions?
M x
This comment was posted on another carers site, food for thought...

'I don't understand how they work it out?
when you get a letter from the DWP about benefits it states, and correct me if I am wrong, doesn't it say "what the law says you need to live on" so if the bedroom tax takes more away aren't they breaking the law!'
311 posts