bedroom tax will it hit you/carers ???

All about money
310 posts
I dread to think what other idiotic schemes they are gunna dream up.Why not hit the fat cats more those earning over 100k do they really need to be on upwards of 100k ? Football players look at such as Man utd players how much they earn in one single game.Penalise them sods
I think they’re keeping eye on the universal benefit which the elderly get, like bus pass, free tv licence, winter fuel allowance, so watch out after the next election, their as been some noise in the press about it, you can just hear them turning the screws.
In a word YES. I am already looking for a one bedroom place (currently in 2 bed private) we have been on the council housing list for years and all we are offered to bid on are flats with stairs even though I have stated wifey cant do stairs and they have the medical paperwork to back it up.
I am very worried about this, things are incredibly tight financially and I can see this pushing us off the edge.
Does anyone have a one bedroom ground floor cardboard box we could rent please?
Sad to hear that another very vulnerable section of society with be affected by this mad tax - children in care who are fostered. The number of likely foster carers is almost certain to fall. Image
Morally, they shouldn't introduce this system until such time as someone has been offered a smaller property and rejected it. Problem is, morality has little to do with politics any more!
i have just recieved a bill for the spare room. my partner has secondary ms and i have to sleep in the spare bedroom. what about downing street/checkers/buck house and the various palaces, surely these are paid by the tax payers and they should also be charged. another thing is the mp's second homes, are we not paying for these with their expenses, i bet they hav'nt got one bedroom houses in central london. one rule for them, and another for the minnows. cameron has a short memory, he had a disabled son, but he didnt have to rely on handouts.
Jim Irvine,have you asked for discretionary payments?I would argue that it is only a "spare" room according to Government diktat and that any reasonable person would not view it as such.I am not effected by this change but I think it is a misanthropic falsely economic policy .To have to ask for "discretion" in order to better facillitate care(at vast cost saving to the State in many cases) is unacceptable to me.Note also WE ALL PAY TAX.
[quote]dis·cre·tion·ar·y (d-skrsh-nr)
adj.
1. Left to or regulated by one's own discretion or judgment.
2. Available for use as needed or desired]

How long IS a piece of string......? Image

How on earth did this bill get passed ?????....oh well i am accustomed to living on my overdraft...now looks my rent account is now going to be permanently in arrears...first time ever since OH had his stroke 18 years ago!!...i don't want to play ball anymore... Image
Yesterday we got a letter from our housing association saying they would be coming round to look at the property to see if the kitchen, bathroom and internal doors are in good repair as they need to do a stock take to know what repairs are needed in future, it says the person will have ID on them and they will need to see every room in the house.
Now I know for a fact there is no money for repairs as the new couple further up are having to replace a wood wormed loft floor themselves due to there being no money in the pot, also I am sure in a rented property you are supposed to get 24 hours notice of anyone wanting to inspect the property except in emergencies so I am guessing these are snoopers wanting to check that you dont have a spare room ready for the bedroom tax and that is why we dont get any notice! Sly or what?
Yesterday we got a letter from our housing association saying they would be coming round to look at the property to see if the kitchen, bathroom and internal doors are in good repair as they need to do a stock take to know what repairs are needed in future, it says the person will have ID on them and they will need to see every room in the house.
Now I know for a fact there is no money for repairs as the new couple further up are having to replace a wood wormed loft floor themselves due to there being no money in the pot, also I am sure in a rented property you are supposed to get 24 hours notice of anyone wanting to inspect the property except in emergencies so I am guessing these are snoopers wanting to check that you dont have a spare room ready for the bedroom tax and that is why we dont get any notice! Sly or what?
Nilla...another scam that is going on here is that people are phoning/sending letters to make appointments claiming to be from gas company. They may well have something other than snooping on their minds. Please be careful and check with the property association.

Bell x
Bell its definately from the housing but its a sneaky way of going round it
310 posts