[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Back-to-work scheme breached laws, says Court of Appeal - Carers UK Forum

Back-to-work scheme breached laws, says Court of Appeal

All about money
I know this section for carer and disability benefits but thought this may interest some of you too

x
A university graduate has won a legal challenge on appeal, claiming that a government scheme forces people to work without pay.

Cait Reilly, 24, claimed that requiring her to work for free at a Poundland store breached laws banning slavery and forced labour.

The University of Birmingham geology graduate lost her original case at the High Court, but has now won on appeal.
read in full here
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-21426928
brilliant news! Image
i have seen many people getting their JSA stopped just after missing 1 day , or being late.

a friend of mine relies on public transport to get her back and forth , and because of where she lived they were snowed in ( during the severe winter a few years back ) but in the city the roads were fine , pavements were clear etc .. she could not get into the forced work .
she called the boss who said she understands , not to worry.

but she got a call from her PA informing her that her JSA will be stopped if she does not attend an interview.
her money was stopped as she still could not attend due to being snowed in.

An other person i used to speak to while i was on one of the courses told us how he was forced to take a job position that he had to be outside the door for 8am to take deliveries ( charity shop ) and because he was dependant on public transport he could not get in until 9:30. his money was stopped within the first week of the work placement.

and the person who ran the courses told us , he had a girl that was forced to work at poundland and was told after 6 months she would have a full time job . so she stuck it out . and of course after the work placement she was told , thank you good bye go back to the job centre now . she went back to see her PA and was told she would have to re apply for unemployment again as she failed to get a full time job at poundland .

the only ones to benefit are the companies who sign up for free employment and the government.