[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Don't take things at face value - Carers UK Forum

Don't take things at face value

All about money
Mum got her Attendance Allowance, so I applied for Carers Allowance. Received a letter last week saying that because I'm receiving a benefit that is higher then CA I would not be entitled. Phoned CA and according to them I'm receiving ESA, I have not received any benefits for some years other then Working Tax credit, which according to CA is not classed as a benefit.
They gave me the phone number for the job centre, phoned them and according to the computer I have not received ESA since 2009, the lady put something on the computer about this. I then re-phoned the CA and told them and I should be getting a letter at the end of the week.
Will keep you all informed as to how this saga ends.
Quite scary, Gezzelin, I always wonder with stories like this how many people just say "oh well, I can't claim" and don't take it any further? I did read last week that there is more money unclaimed - either by people who don't know they're entitled or people who just don't want to do it - than is lost through fraud. I do hope it gets sorted out quickly and you get everything through without any problems.