[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Applied for P.I.P - Carers UK Forum

Applied for P.I.P

All about money
Received the forms a while ago, but after the last time we applied for DLA left me/us in such a state, I called in some help from our local welfare services.

Note* as the earliest appointment for assistance was very close to the deadline, I contacted DWP and was given a 14 day extension.

Our help arrived in a classic Rover (knew we'd get along) and he was brilliant with the paperwork and advice. When discussing an issue (how does your disability affect you), we would mention point 1 & 2, and he would write down points 1,2,3 and 4.
'Oh yeah, never thought of that.'
It only took 2 hours to complete :ohmy:
We spent a further 20 minutes outside talking about cars which was nice.

During the form filling process I was reminded of the recent documentary about the history of the space shuttle. As a publicity stunt NASA invited American teachers to apply for a position on the next shuttle mission.
The connection? They had to complete a 48 page application in order to become an astronaut and get shot into space, while we have to complete a 40 page paper just to qualify for basic human rights.
It made me laugh.

I would advise anyone who has to complete these forms to seek help from those with the experience and knowledge of what is required.

BTW, that shuttle launch did not go well.
A 40 page form that is an absolute nightmare to fill in and then they don't even bother to read it!