A little advice please Re carers allowance.

All about money
I'm good with forms, not so good with plastering, in awe of how easy a plasterer makes it look, not so easy when I try!

I had my lounge replastered just last month.

There is usually at least one organisation in an area which can help claimants with forms. Google the name of your home time plus "benefits advice" and you should find someone, if there is no CAB.
We have left telephone messages with DIAL and CAB but they haven’t got back to us so far, I imagine they are very busy.

Thanks.
Your welcome.

If you need us , you know where we are.
A wee update...

We spoke to a lovely lady from DIAL today. She has made an appointment for use to go in with all the medical stuff in 5 weeks time. They are so busy that is the first appointment that is available.

We were advised to phone PIP and register with them so that is now done and we are await some forms. We understand the DLA but in the form of PIP will be paid until the forms arrive and they make a decision.. Is that correct ?

Back to the topic point if I may.

From the advice above do I make my claim for carers allowance online now ?? Or should I wait until the PIP decision is made ? Am I correct in thinking that if for some reason my wife is denied PIP would that stop if of course I got it ? Is the form reasonably easy to fill in ?

Could someone please post the link to the application for carers allowance page ?

I cannot thank you all enough for your so valuable assistance. I/We would really struggle without it.
Okay Charlie ... hold on to yer seat belt !

Carers Allowance ... if DLA is still being paid , APPLY NOW :

Online application form :

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... claim-form

DON'T FORGET THE BACKDATING BIT !!!

Backdating.

If you were entitled to Carer's Allowance before the date you claimed it, you can ask for it to be backdated for up to three months.

If getting Carer's Allowance means you can get a means-tested benefit because you qualify for carer premium, you should claim the benefit when you claim Carer's Allowance.


( 3 MONTHS ... 91 DAYS ... IN EXCESS OF £ 800 !!! )


Every day that goes by , you are losing £ 9.45 ... not much but ... just how many days ... 100 / 200 / 500 ... more ?

PIP ?

Not quite yet ... application form and then an assessment.

DLA should continue until that assessment ???

DIAL ?

Noted ... for any reader not familar , the following link to their site :

https://www.dialuk.info/

A VERY handy outfit worthy of a business card in anyone's wallet / purse !

That should keep you going ... for a while ?
Charlie _1906 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:34 am
bowlingbun wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:16 pm
There are a number of us on the forum who have transferred from one benefit to the other without any problem whatsoever.
Thank you.....
My main point when I wrote this thread was to gain information on finally making a claim for carers allowance. Maybe I should have done it some years back but the situation as it is now is I can only work when someone else is with my wife. This is because of the nasty panic attacks she has and that she has had falls for no reason with no warning. She has been lucky in so much as it’s just been bruising but it could be worse. I just dare not leave her alone.

I am if I’m honest confused. I’m not great with forms and my dyslexia means I get confused and ...... Well it’s a kind of panic that sets in and I walk away.

Maybe I should apply online ?? Is it difficult?

Sorry if I’m not grasping the nettle here ..I earnt my living with a trowel in my hand and never had forms to fill in.

Should I leave claiming carers until the move from DLA to pip has been done ?
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... u-get-dla/

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... carers.pdf
I have now completed the online form for carers allowance. Thanks Chris for the link.

I must admit I was apprehensive as forms have never been something that comes easily but it was simple enough. I now feel a sense of relief that it’s done. Odd maybe but other than my wife’s claim for DLA niether of us have ever claimed for anything before. I’m 62 my wife is 60.

I know I keep saying thanks but I / We really do mean it. But for resources such as this people like us would really struggle. You should all be proud of yourselves.

Charlie.
sunnydisposition wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:49 pm
Charlie _1906 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:34 am
bowlingbun wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:16 pm
There are a number of us on the forum who have transferred from one benefit to the other without any problem whatsoever.
Thank you.....
My main point when I wrote this thread was to gain information on finally making a claim for carers allowance. Maybe I should have done it some years back but the situation as it is now is I can only work when someone else is with my wife. This is because of the nasty panic attacks she has and that she has had falls for no reason with no warning. She has been lucky in so much as it’s just been bruising but it could be worse. I just dare not leave her alone.

I am if I’m honest confused. I’m not great with forms and my dyslexia means I get confused and ...... Well it’s a kind of panic that sets in and I walk away.

Maybe I should apply online ?? Is it difficult?

Sorry if I’m not grasping the nettle here ..I earnt my living with a trowel in my hand and never had forms to fill in.

Should I leave claiming carers until the move from DLA to pip has been done ?
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/benef ... u-get-dla/

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... carers.pdf
Thank you .
Your welcome.
Had a reply from DWP.

I don’t qualify for carers allowance because my wife gets the low not the middle or high component.
Are we understanding this correctly?? It is for us confusing .

Because we have never updated for fear of rattling the kennel door so to speak the deterioration of my wife’s condition has not been updated. Our fault of course so no complaints.

The forms are with us and we have an appointment with DIAL in a couple of weeks time so things are moving slowly.

My wife’s doctor is solidly on her side and giving wonderful support.

Thanks.