[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
anyone know what to do? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

anyone know what to do?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
she is 60 and has a multitude of health problems that all come from a spinal cord injury. this has resulted in her gradually loosing mobility and problems with motor control, bowel/bladder issues etc

Is CHC / NHS Continuing Healthcare a factor here :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... read-35998
Is CHC / NHS Continuing Healthcare a factor here :

https://www.carersuk.org/forum/support- ... read-35998
[/quote]

thank you for the link to this information. I vaguely remember there was some question a while ago about whether social services or the NHS had to sort out my mums care, and someone (no idea who) decided it should stay with social services. This may be useful for the future though.
I vaguely remember there was some question a while ago about whether social services or the NHS had to sort out my mums care, and someone (no idea who) decided it should stay with social services. This may be useful for the future though.

From the CHC rationing thread :

NHS guidelines state that at a full reassessment, a team of professionals should try to see the care recipient in person. Family members should also be invited to attend and given 'sufficient' notice.

However, some families say only one nurse attended their meetings, which means some funding decisions are being made by people who have never even met the patient concerned.

'I now rarely attend assessments where a full multi-disciplinary team is present,' says Fiona Lower, a former nurse who now helps families at reassessments.

'The nurse is unable to make a recommendation on their own; a recommendation is made following a team meeting at an office. This therefore denies the patient, the family and advocates the right to comment prior to a decision being made.

Full sp on the MAIN CHC thread ... this section :

CHC : WHAT IS IT / QUALIFICATION / ASSESSMENTS / VIDEO ( PROFESSOR LUKE CLEMENTS )
Once you accept that
    mum's condition is only going to get worse and worse
    she is always going to expect youu to do something before asking anyone else
    ultimately it will be something YOU do that will change things for the better for you, you can begin to sort things out.

YOU CANNOT BE FORCED TO CARE FOR MUM, AT ALL.

It is your choice!! Mum does not have a say in this, her choice is whether to stay home with carers or move into residential care.

First step has to be getting Social Services to do a new Needs Assessment for mum and Carers Assessment for you.
    Both should be WRITTEN.
    I think you could consider getting your Mum a visitor from a church or an elderly project etc. My Grandma had one and they do this at a good neighbours scheme near us. Its for people who don't go out and need some support etc.I'd look at this as a first step and tell Mum you cant do everything.
    I'd also look at the social services needs assessment as previously mentioned.
    Lots of elderly people don't want to do to groups/clubs etc, My Mum is exactly the same she wont. Maybe your Mum would benefit more from a 1-1 person?
    Hi i saw your message and my situation is very similiar i would say its important you do.look after yourself and preserve your relationships and emotional dependance is very hard