Your profile on our site?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi all

Over the next few months I want to gradually build up more profiles of carers for this part of the website
http://www.carersuk.org/Aboutus/Whoarecarers

Anyone want to volunteer?
Profiles will be 250-300 words and I would need you to supply a photo of yourself.

I would like you to talk about some or all of these points.

- Who you are and who you care for
- Your life before caring, how it has changed
- How caring affects your life - Good and bad
- What do you want to see change for carers
- What Carers UK means to you

If you're interested can you email me - matt.hill@carersuk.org

Thanks

Matt
Bump. Bump. Bump.

Any takers???
With a photo Image ? Definitely not, you want to drive people away Image ? Actually Matt I think some of us might be concerned about privacy and confidentiality, particularly of the people we care for, I certainly am, otherwise I would be interested.
Ok Matt will give it a go if you like
With a photo Image ? Definitely not, you want to drive people away Image ? Actually Matt I think some of us might be concerned about privacy and confidentiality, particularly of the people we care for, I certainly am, otherwise I would be interested.
Good point. I do understand 'going public' is not something that everyone can do. But if any of you do fancy getting your mug shot on the site drop me a line.

matt
Hi Matt

I did email you to say I'd be willing - did you get my mail (my laptop's playing up and I keep losing my email connection - so it's possible you didn't get it !).

Just let me know when you need the info.

sue
Hi Matt

I did email you to say I'd be willing - did you get my mail (my laptop's playing up and I keep losing my email connection - so it's possible you didn't get it !).

Just let me know when you need the info.

sue
Thanks Sue. I'm afraid I didn't get it?! Computers eh! Image Image Just mail me when you have time, I don't have a strict timetable, will just add more as and when I get them. If email is untrustworthy you can PM me!

matt
OK Matt - I'll try emailing it first
Sorry Matt, would like to help out but really don't want my photo on here I'm afraid. But good luck Image
Thanks Bluebird, I do understand not everyone will be able to do it.

Have a look at the section now, I've updated it and features Alex, Wendy and Sue from here, as well as some other Carers UK members. I think it shows a good cross section of our membership everyone on there is a campaigner and a fighter.

You mgiht recognise some of the others too, as they've been featured on the Guardian website over the last few weeks and we've posting them up in Carers in the News section

http://www.carersuk.org/Aboutus/Whoarecarers

Matt

PS - Sue and Wendy - sorry you came out at the bottom - I did it in alphabetical order!! Seemed fairest but meant you two are bottom of the list! But top of the pile as far as we forum lot are concerned Image Image Image