[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Xmas Ho Ho Ho - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Xmas Ho Ho Ho

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Thanks Bluebird,
You don't have it easy, very similar to the way I was with my mum. This
caring games not easy. when the holiday season comes , I will try to take it a day at
a time. that's what I am doing now, anyway.
Minnie
After spending last Christmas in New Zealand and Australia in the sunshine for 45 days I am just itching to do it again. I am really dreading the long, dark, cold days now. And think of all the money you can save on central heating and thermal underwear, LOL!
this yr I have set a budget and made everyone promise to stick to it. £10 per person gift budget no exceptions.
Unlike most of you I will be looking forward to christmas , as last year I was in hospital awaiting a quad by-pass and new heart valve . But I do agree xmas is not what it used to be , and to see thing in the shops now is , well normal .
As for dinner Lyn and I always have steak and chips , we are not keen on turkey and chicken you can get every day , and of course having what we have there is no waste .
So with christmas in mind may I be the first to to wish everybody a very happy Easter Image Image .
Delboy you always bring a smile to my face Image
Nilla thats my job , to being a smile and happyness to all carers Image Image
Carry on the good work then Image x
Simon, have a look at car boot sales for presents for the baby.My husband bought a fun toy for our grandson's first birthday, at a car boot sale and it is his favourite toy.It cost a couple of pounds only. All children's plastic toys are very easily cleaned,so no problems there.
Delboy, thanks for the smile.
Mand, my son has to have cards, he loves looking at themn for family members, then takes himself off to the "brother" ones and cries, but it is a little ritual now, he seems to feel better when he has had his cry.We go to the beach and send a balloon up to Heaven for christmas and birthday.
Minnie, hope you are feeling a little brighter now.xx
Thanks Bluebird,
You don't have it easy, very similar to the way I was with my mum. This
caring games not easy. when the holiday season comes , I will try to take it a day at
a time. that's what I am doing now, anyway.
Minnie

xx
I used to love buying silly stuff for the kids and opening my own presents. Ah, the anticipation! But then I read some Buddhist philosophy: "happiness is the absence of desire, learn to live with less etc" .., and it seemed to make sense. Then I became Green, and realised that all this tinsel and wrapping ends up in landfill poisoning the planet, so I stopped buying stuff and paid up all my credit cards. And then the Western economy collapsed in a recession, and now all the TV channels tell us that High St sales are down, ... maybe I should have bought more consumer crap I didn't really want or need to help the economy, is it all my fault? I'm beating myself up here. And Christ wasn't born on Christmas Day anyway, the Christians just hitched a lift on the ancient pagan mid-winter festival, which was all about feasting and fornication. Sounds good, but Mrs Scally put down the veto on orgies and dancing girls. And she doesn't like goose, but I won't eat turkey because it is American, it is bland, and I disapprove of their foreign policy. So, I'm basically wasted, then innit? Its off down the pub to watch the football on Boxing Day with all the other blokes who cant figure out what all the fuss is about...