[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Would this be classed as discrimination??? - Carers UK Forum

Would this be classed as discrimination???

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I have posted a No 10 E petition in the petitions section ( makes sense doesnt it Image Image ) regarding benefits stopping when loved ones go in to hospital. I actually posted it earlier today and whilst getting notification just now that there had been a reply, which was Myrtle to say she had signed ( thank you) , I got thinking ( which can be dangerous Image ).

Anyways, even whilst caring for 2 people 24/7 I was never able to claim CA but most of you know that since mam died I am now employed as a personal assistant under the DP scheme.
This is where the discrimination issue possibly comes in to force, I think Image Those of you in receipt of CA that is taken away if your loved ones go in to hospital for a length of time......yet if either of the couple that I work for were admitted my wages continue, unless it was a permenant admission. Reason stated is, that I am obviously still employed, unable to look for another temporary job and I also to be available to pick up again on their release home.

Obviously I know the difference, one is covered by a contract,the other not.However, once again, where is the fairness??Where is the equality?

What do others here think?
I've never been able to claim CA either, but I find it extremely unfair that those who rely on this as their income should find it stopped at a time when their caring and expenses actually increase Image
I've never been able to claim CA either, but I find it extremely unfair that those who rely on this as their income should find it stopped at a time when their caring and expenses actually increase Image
Totally agree. Thats what I was trying to convey.
So once again family carers are penalised at a time when they need help and support the most.The bills dont stop coming in.
those of us in receipt of CA are discriminated against.
Effectively, in 2 months time I will not get my State pension - not because I choose not to have it - but because I choose to look after my husband - now how up in arms would mps be if they didn't get their pension!