worst possible taste?.

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
And I vote for Blackjacks too - .
I preferred the fruit salad ones plus the Refresher chews. You can still get them but so tiny now and very little sherbet in.

Plus a bag of loose sherbet, with either a lolly to dip in or your finger.
Our rag and bone men used to give bags with goldfish out if you gave them a decent pile of clothes.

Also remember before the time of duvets and if you were cold in bed, dads big overcoat was placed on top too.

I remember the old mangle my mam had too. Sheets were as flat as pancakes after being fed through them... Image

Games...... playing with 2 balls up against a wall ( no comment Mr Excalibur )
american elastic bands
Klackers
The many smells in Simpkin and James' in Leicester. Delicatessen of many varieties - cooked meats, cheeses, bacon and game poultry, and the enormous red coffee grinder blasting out the coffee aroma...a veritable wonderland of sights and smells.

I'm drowning again... Image
Games...... playing with 2 balls up against a wall ( no comment Mr Excalibur )
american elastic bands
Klackers
Is that the right spelling Rosemary...or was you trying to say something else?? Image Image Image
Ha ha...
.... the smell of woolen socks drying in front of a coal fire or over the AGA cooker.
I bought some Golden Wonder cheese and onion crisps today. I vote for Blackjacks and Fruit salads to. Does anyone remember a chocolate bar called Duet? Bar Six.
Getting paid in One pound notes felt like you where loaded.
A couple of months ago, I saw "Old Jamaica" chocolate for sale,which my Dad liked. I bought him a bar, and I had a piece too. It has either changed its flavour, or we have changed our tastes, it was disgusting!
I loved playing two balls against the wall too Rosemary, and juggling them.My children could never do that, and I still can!Underarm,overarm, turn around,clap hands!
I also loved marbles and was better than most of the others. I loved it when we played for "keeps".Dig your heel in the field to make a pit,and then get them in there.My mother gave me a chocolate nesquik container to keep the marbles in, and even though it had been washed out, the smell was still there. That smell today can take me straight back to the playground!
As for sweets, anything sherbetty, it always seemed better value for money, specially if you just licked your finger and then dipped it into a bag!
Sheila, I remember Bar Six.
And in our house, a Mars Bar was a rare treat, but always shared.Frozen first, and then sliced by Mum and shared. It tasted so nice.My brother's wife thinks that is a very strange idea(my brother, like me, still can't enjoy a Mars Bar eaten any other way!)

Another fun thread Maxi. Thanks! Image Image
13 pages of memories Image

a quarter of the Best
I had forgotten about gold nuggets. I can see the little sack there, but can't remember what they are!
I had forgotten about gold nuggets. I can see the little sack there, but can't remember what they are!
Like a chewing gum.
thank you!