[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Work Focused Interview - Carers UK Forum

Work Focused Interview

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Anyone know about these?
I am a new claimant for IS and have been asked to attend, anyway I phoned and explained I was a full time carer for a severely disabled child, they said I still have to attend as part of the condition of the benefit, even if I can't work at this present time.
All this for £9 fortnightly, feel like telling them to just forget it.
The other thing is why is it when we ask schools or LEA to put more provision for my son we are reminded of his life long disability and to be realistic yet the DWP seem to think any day now he will be cured!
Vicky
Anyone know about these?
I am a new claimant for IS and have been asked to attend, anyway I phoned and explained I was a full time carer for a severely disabled child, they said I still have to attend as part of the condition of the benefit, even if I can't work at this present time.
All this for £9 fortnightly, feel like telling them to just forget it.
The other thing is why is it when we ask schools or LEA to put more provision for my son we are reminded of his life long disability and to be realistic yet the DWP seem to think any day now he will be cured!
Vicky
It's a complete waste of time. HOWEVER, you've got to attend. It shouldn't be more than half an hour. because Sarah claims a certain benefit I had attend because on their records didnt state that I was a full time student. So i turned up explained that with my uni course and my caring it meant I couldnt it's too much and I couldnt do any more. They accepted that and agreed not to bother me again.

If you turn up and say how it is and say that it's not possible to work they'll probably say OK nothing we can do and leave it. Pointless, Yes but just one of them things we've got to do Image
Should I ask for a bonus for turning up in line with the suggestion for our M.P.'s to justify their salaries Image
Vicky
Should I ask for a bonus for turning up in line with the suggestion for our M.P.'s to justify their salaries Image
Vicky
People at the job centre would probably agree with you Image
Hi,
Work Focussed Interviews seem to be a staple requirement of ALL benefits now. My wife claims ESA with me as her full-time carer. Despite the fact she gets High Rate Care and Mobility DLA, has a full care plan from her social worker and can't be left alone AT ALL; the DWP in their wisdom have stated that as a new claimant she has to attend both a medical assessment to ascertain her ability to carry out certain types of employment, AND a work focussed interview to determine what she is doing to help herself get back into the job market!!!!!!!!!!! We are eagerly awaiting the dates of these interviews and look forward to the DWP's suggestions for suitable employment for my wife!!!!!! (sarcastic????? Moi?????) I am presuming that if they find her "fit" for work then I shall have the pleasure of a work focussed interview!!!
Nyk