[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Woolies + MFI - Carers UK Forum

Woolies + MFI

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Sounds like Woolworth's has gone in to Administration along with MFI.Now there's a big shock
yup very sad wolies is a real great shop 4 many decades to english heritage am gonamiss them. We got woolies down the road.
I don't think I have bought anything from Woolies in twenty years .. . plastic toys, nasty cheap chocolate eggs and CDs ...who cares?
"Without vision the people shall perish" - true in their case, they never really knew what they were there for. No tears here. As for MFI they sold cheap shoddy furniture, didn't they, and then lost out to the flatpack competition.. ain't life tough?
I don't think I have bought anything from Woolies in twenty years .. . plastic toys, nasty cheap chocolate eggs and CDs ...who cares?
"Without vision the people shall perish" - true in their case, they never really knew what they were there for. No tears here. As for MFI they sold cheap shoddy furniture, didn't they, and then lost out to the flatpack competition.. ain't life tough?
Got to disagree with you there Rob Image .
Years ago our local Woolworths was always one of the better places to shop especially their Ladybird range of kids clothes.They washed lovely and lasted such a long time.
Also in our old house I had an MFI kitchen and I still miss it Image Image
Yes Rob, I to have to disagree. Woolies feels like part of our heritage and I have often found what I want in there.
Also your partly right about MFI, they used to be rubbish. "Made For Idiots" we used to say, but in later years they really got their act together and made some high quality furniture. I have fitted several kitchens and bedrooms for satisfied customers over the past few years.

Pete
Woolies has been a part of all of my life. My mum and an auntie worked there, also many school friends. One girl went there as a saturday girl and is still there.

I feel sorry for the staff who seem to have been told to carry on regardless.

But my BIG GRIPE is that we give Woolies vouchers for Christmas gifts for the youngsters who enjoy going to spend them after Christmas in the sale. The vouchers are all bought, but what happens to our hard earned cash if the shop closes?

Another case of buyer beware perhaps?

Take care
Meg
It's upsetting for the staff who will be out of a job, it's such a shame when there are so many companies 'cutting corners' by outsourcing their work abroad. J'acuse CADBURYS FOR SHUTTING DOWN THEIR KEYNSHAM FACTORY and DYSON SENDING HIS MANUFACTURING ABROAD.

I live in a small town and Woolies was practically the only place you could buy C.D.'s & books, come to think of it things are still the same!! Image

It's the small towns who will miss woolies the most ian't it! Image

Has their online business gone too?

marie x
Woollies still does Ladybird clothes, and they still look good quality.

I thoroughly enjoy a good potter round still.

As a teenager, I used to spend my Christmas vouchers at their record department. My first ever was a single by the Stylistics, but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called!

Our MFI kitchen is still going strong after 12 years, and this year, we have painted the cupboard doors, as they are still good, but we wanted a colour change!

I will be sorry to see the back of Woollies."That's the wonder of good ol' Woollies!". Remember that advert?
Me and my mates used to gather every Saturday morning in Coventry Woolies cafe upstairs. We used to try and spot anyone we new in the heaving throng below. It was always the same, packed out with customers.
I too bought my first record in Woolies. "Diana" by Paul Anka. A 78rpm as we only had a gramaphone and it couldn't play 45s.
Dad bought me and my sisters a Danset Junior record player for Christmas of that year. 1958. It only played one record at a time though.

Pete