[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
winter fuel allowance = in the E.U. + NICK CLEGG - Carers UK Forum

winter fuel allowance = in the E.U. + NICK CLEGG

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Government minister today said the over 80`s will receive £450 this winter as far as i know its £400.

NICK CLEGG Liberal leader when asked by pensioner if he knew how much the old age pension was he replied its £30 .

10 million quid is given to the over 60`s who live over sea`s and are entitled to the winter heating allowance 24-000 live in Spain and 16 live in Iceland

GEORGE====
10 million quid is given to the over 60`s who live over sea`s and are entitled to the winter heating allowance 24-000 live in Spain and 16 live in Iceland
I do not agree with this full stop. Image

If people are in sunnier climes, sheltering from the cold weather they do not need a heating allowance do they! Image Image

I think, these people have found their way, to beat the British winter!
Clearly they no longer need help with winter heating - they're not at home! Image

If the current Government would tighten up the right areas and stop hurting and neglecting the areas in need, we'd all be better off. Image Image

A system where a queen and practically all the house of Lords can claim hundreds of £'s for a heating allowance and struggling Carers living in poverty get nothing, is a total disgrace in fact it's a scandal. Image

Hang your head in shame! Image

The quicker this useless lot are voted out the better - it would seem, British Politics has no concience or morality anymore. Image

Let's pray for better times.
marie x
Stop beating about the bush and say what you mean Image

GEORGE= Image
Stop beating about the bush and say what you mean Image

GEORGE= Image

I wish somebody would beat about the bush.George Bush that is Image Image Image
Well said Marie in complete agreement with you
its also absurd that a worker from the common market can claim child benefit even if his children are still at home in his home country, imagine a Polish man working here sending £90 back to Poland for his 2 children, how much will that be worth back there? At least those from here living abroad have in the past paid something into the system (hopefully!) These payments can be made, yet our vunerable senior citizens cant afford to heat their homes, carers are on poverty money, it just never adds up.