[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Wiltshire Farm Foods - Carers UK Forum

Wiltshire Farm Foods

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Any carer knows its hard to feed the person you care for. With a wide variety and healthy options.

I had my first delivery from Wiltshire Farm Foods and I can't wait to try my next meal tomorrow..

My Mum is hard to convince, but ate every morsel of her lunch. She's now spent the past two hours going through the catalogue..

The reason for my post is, this is a really good solid company who can be trusted.

But you all know that already..
Yes, I 've heard that. I got their catalogue last year and the Christmas package sounded yummy😋!
Glad you enjoyed a meal you didn't have to cook or prepare. Glad the meals are a success for you and your Mum and are making your life a bit easier. Do you think you will spend more or less on food using these meals?

Melly1
They come at a premium, but then so does your time.

No doubt you could prepare a meal for less, but then you throw in cases where you would have to puree the meal due to special nutritional needs (dysphagia/swallowing problems) and I'm talking where there can't be any lumps, or bits of skin etc, the person becomes texture sensitive so literally everything has to be the same consistency or they'll aspirate (not good)

And then consider that when you puree a meal this way, your actually losing quite alot of the goodness in the process

Where as the way WFF prepare their meals, they not only do texture modified meals, but calorie condensed ones where the portion size is small, but has all the goodies (energy, fats etc) condensed which is targeted towards for example those who actually struggle to put weight on/need to keep it.

Then the other side of the coin if caree has to watch their weight, you opt for a regular sized portion (which has the same amount of energy/fat etc) but they are likely to get full before finishing it (which is fine)

I'd recommend them... caree is actually not that fussy at all about food, the only limitation is whether it can be pureed to a tolerable/safe consistency. It helps they make the meals look very presentable, to the point we've had a health visitor almost panic when mistaking the puree meal for a normal one during a feed.
I'd thought of trying WFF but I don't think my dad would be able to deal with the intercom to let someone in any more and they don't seem to give a specific delivery time. Has anyone found a way round those sorts of issues?
Janey_S wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:59 pm
I'd thought of trying WFF but I don't think my dad would be able to deal with the intercom to let someone in any more and they don't seem to give a specific delivery time. Has anyone found a way round those sorts of issues?
They have to take in account the traffic on the roads etc which is why no specific time is listed. Perhaps he could ask a friend to deal with the delivery on his behalf? Or you could have it sent to your property instead?
Sorry if my post sounded like an advert, I was just genuinely pleased at the service and quality provided. Not to mention the fact we now have access to a massive range of meals. I do all our shopping round the local corner shop and the same old meals over and over again was getting cumbersome.

They are expensive, but Mum and I had slipped into the habit of ordering takeaway four times a week, even more expensive. Next week we've ordered four meals each and simply by cutting out one takeaway we are spending the same whilst also being just a little healthier.

It was the open delivery times that originally put me off, but I saw the van going to my next door neighbours at roughly the same time each Monday so made a punt. Once you find out the delivery time, it will be roughly the same each week.
My wife and I had Xmas dinners two years running.
Not too bad we thought.
Albert_1604 wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:02 pm
My wife and I had Xmas dinners two years running.
Not too bad we thought.
How much are they?
leah_1902 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:16 pm
Janey_S wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:59 pm
They have to take in account the traffic on the roads etc which is why no specific time is listed. Perhaps he could ask a friend to deal with the delivery on his behalf? Or you could have it sent to your property instead?
Alas, he has no friends and I'm at work so I don't think there's a way round it. It's a shame as they offer a much greater variety than his current choice of Sainsbury's ready meals!