[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
will Dp's for carers pay for laundry? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

will Dp's for carers pay for laundry?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi JohnBoy

If you have a PRIMARK store locally you can get a pack of 5 pairs of ladies knickers for £2 - sometimes they are reduced to just £1 per pack !! We get them for Mum, they are very nice cotton and wash well - they have different styles (full, bikini, midi etc) to suit all (young ladies to pensioners !!!!). The only drawback is that they can come up a bit on the small side, so buy them one size bigger than your wife would normally have.

Hope this helps !

susieq
Blimey thats cheap.We usually get em off the market stall at ten quid for 6 pairs.
Our local council provide a laundry service to the elderly/disabled.There is a nominal fee per bag but the bags are massive and hold several lots of bedding,towels.They even do duvets themselves.Clothes were not done though.
May be worth asking if your council has the same service and if they launder said items if soiled.

Thats a good idea.Will have to look on our council website for that one.I usually take ours every 2 weeks to the Laundrette which costs around 8 quid plus the bus fares there and back 2 days.
Just looking at our Council website.It says about District Nurses referring to the Laundy service.Dont think we'd qualify really.Its aimed more at people who are incontinent and soil the bed sheets etc.My missus aint that bad.Occasionally the cafeter bypasses but it seems to have slowed a bit now and dont need knickers every week.
Thanks Susieq, I hadn't thought of charity shops for some reason, but I will try it out. My friend is also going to get me a very large box of washing powder next time she goes to Makro which will help keep the cost down. I just need to find somewhere to store it!! Oh dear, always something to moan about..............
Bluebird x
Hi Bluebird,

Lidl and Tesco do a range of washing powder called DAISY - it's a lot cheaper than the usual brands but just as effective, my sister uses it regularly, and it's easier to get hold of than Makro's !!!! If space is at a premium, the concentrated liquid detergents don't take up anywhere near as much room, but they aren't as cheap as the powder. Again the supermarkets own brand is just as good as Persil or Ariel.

My family call me the 'canny' shopper as I'm always on the look out for bargains ! Can't remember the last time I paid full price for anything !

susieq
Hi Bluebird,

Lidl and Tesco do a range of washing powder called DAISY - it's a lot cheaper than the usual brands but just as effective, my sister uses it regularly, and it's easier to get hold of than Makro's !!!! If space is at a premium, the concentrated liquid detergents don't take up anywhere near as much room, but they aren't as cheap as the powder. Again the supermarkets own brand is just as good as Persil or Ariel.

My family call me the 'canny' shopper as I'm always on the look out for bargains ! Can't remember the last time I paid full price for anything !

susieq
I could do with you coming shopping with me Susieq, I never get a bargain! Thanks for all your ideas, you are a star Image Image
Bluebird x
Bluebird,

If ever I get to Cardiff I'd be more than happy to help out Image Image Image Image

susieq
I had to buy a new washing machine last week, the old one had enough of working all day every day - it was beginning to think it was a carer........ Image Image
You'll be pleased to know Susieq that I got quite a bargain and they delivered and fitted it the same day Image Image
Bluebird
Good for you Bluebird - the bargains get easier to find each time Image
(A useful tip is to use the price comparison websites - there are some amazing bargains to be had when you look Image ).
I had to buy a new washing machine last week, the old one had enough of working all day every day
Mine never last that long either, par for the course I think! Image

marie x