[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Wii - Carers UK Forum

Wii

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.

Wii

Although this article is about a carers centre I have actually seen a Wii being used in a communal hall at a home for the elderly.It was a pleasure to see so many of them having fun.Even the ones who did not participate enjoyed watching those who did.
I have to admit my daughter has one too and we can be in hysterics when playing on it. Image

Carers catch on to latest wii-ze

http://tiny.cc/Wii406

CARERS in Torfaen are playing golf, tennis and other outdoor sports without leaving the comfort of their Carers' Centre.

New virtual exercise classes are taking place at the centre in Pontypool thanks to the purchase of a Nintendo Wii games console.

The popular system allows users to simulate sporting activities by moving a wireless remote control.

The idea is to encourage carers to become physically active and have fun at the same time, improving their health and overall well-being.

Carers of all ages can now attend weekly Wii classes with a professional sports coach.

Gareth Cooke, planning and development officer for Torfaen social care and housing services said: "Nintendo Wii activities are ideal for those with limited movement for whom outdoor exercise like golf might be difficult."

advertisement
Yesterday carers tried out the device for the first time.

Centre volunteer, Keith Aston, said: "I think it's a great idea. When I get used to it, it'll certainly improve my golf."

Carer Liz Maskelyne said: "I think with practice it will be quite good; it'll take our mind off things and we can have a laugh."

Torfaen Carers Centre offers support, advice and guidance to carers in Torfaen

LAURA has a teddy bear called starry night she goes mad when i ask if he can go wee wii
I cant wait for Wii to come up with a pen*s shaped module so that we can have simulated virtual ........ wait for it..... poetry writing sessions.... (what did you think I meant?)
Hi Rosemary, yes, they are great fun, my nephew has one and both having 'problems', he and OH are pretty well matched Image
I "played" tennis with my son on his Wii a while back - my right arm ached for days!
I "played" tennis with my son on his Wii a while back - my right arm ached for days!
I used to have same when doing my exercises in the pub ( many years ago ) Image .You dont realise till later just how heavy a full pint glass can be Image Image .
Image Image I think that is a ******dy brilliant idea whoever thought of it should be given a knighthood. One would like to think that the days of sitting around in a circle in a large room with the TV in one corner truned down so low people in the opposite corner cannot hear it are gone but Image Image Image
Brings a whole new meaning to "wii-ing" in the corner!