[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
WILL HE HAVE ANY CASH LEFT FOR US - Carers UK Forum

WILL HE HAVE ANY CASH LEFT FOR US

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Many labour M.P`S want the chancellor to srap the new car tax system and stop the increase in petrol duty also they want more help for elderly re heating this winter even though the heating allowance is up to £400 for some (over 80`s) this could cost anything from 3-5 billion quuid the more i look at the figures and dont forget ive got an A level in hard sums i dont think he has any wriggle room for help for carers to increase the carers allowance upto £100 would only cost about 1 billion quid per year but i believe that cost would be now out of reach if we end up with nowt what can we do we dont have a voice even though we are 6-7 million strong the general public see many carers as just another group on benefits ?

If i was in charge of carers uk i would be making statements to anyone who will listen that we are concerned about the carers review as we believe the panic spending to keep voters happy will leave carers with no prospect of financial help.

ive just heard on news , labour m.p. has said the government CANT CAVE IN to everyone so will the government make a stand against carers that 1-2 billion quid could help keep the cost of petrol down .

GEORGE === convinced we will get nowt .

is the P.M. going to address carers group in June if so we should give him a rough time if he does not help us with real cash .

on another point M.P`S want an extra £23-000 per year plus an above inflation pay rise this will enable them to live without claiming expenses Image
When everyone else in the country gets expenses AND an above inflation pay rise, then they might have a case for theirs.
But only might.
If mp's are the ones who decide what public sector workers get, then that should apply to them too. After all they are employed by the public, to serve the public, which makes them public section workers.
[quote]Myrtle wrote
When everyone else in the country gets expenses AND an above inflation pay rise, then they might have a case for theirs.
But only might.
If mp's are the ones who decide what public sector workers get, then that should apply to them too.
After all they are employed by the public, to serve the public, which makes them public section workers.[/quote]

They seem to forget that Image
“6-7 million strong the general public see many carers as just another group on benefitsâ€Â
very true Image
but we have to keep trying

krys
The Government can always find money if it suits them. A few years ago my nephew suddenly announced that he would get £30.00 a week for attending school post 16. This is country wide and I dont remember any public consultation or debate. I remember feeling very angry because it is only a few pound less than the carers allowance.
Daisy wrote
The Government can always find money if it suits them. A few years ago my nephew suddenly announced that he would get £30.00 a week for attending school post 16. This is country wide and I dont remember any public consultation or debate. I remember feeling very angry because it is only a few pound less than the carers allowance.
Amazing contradiction and lack of commonsense. It's ok to give money directly to school children, but not responsible adults such as carers. One of the excuses being that "some" people may abuse it. In one sentence carers change from being the "salt of the earth" to potential benefit fraudsters, or at best irresponsible people who won't spend the money appropriately? Image
Of course the schoool kids wouldn't dream of buying the latest, CD/DVD/PC Game, or fashion label clothes and trainers, no course they wouldn't.
Just google EMA (educational maintenance allowance) it will make you feel really angry!
The difference between the EMA and CA is that the government wants more 16 to 19 year olds to stay in education, call it keeping down the unemployment figures or call it social engineering it really doesn't matter, they need to use incentives to get the target group to comply, but when it comes to CA we don't need incentives financial or otherwise, we do what is needed. However parsimonious the "reward" we'll care for the people we love and to whom we have a sense of duty and we'll continue to care even though some of us get no additional income and no practical support whatsoever, unless that changes, and we know it won't, the government has no need to offer us incentives. QED Image .
parsifale wrote
The difference between the EMA and CA is that the government wants more 16 to 19 year olds to stay in education, call it keeping down the unemployment figures or call it social engineering it really doesn't matter, they need to use incentives to get the target group to comply, but when it comes to CA we don't need incentives financial or otherwise, we do what is needed. However parsimonious the "reward" we'll care for the people we love and to whom we have a sense of duty and we'll continue to care even though some of us get no additional income and no practical support whatsoever, unless that changes, and we know it won't, the government has no need to offer us incentives. QED .
It's true there will always be family who will, but there is family that won't. In the past 9 months i've head of 4 people who have decided to place elderly parents into residential care.
All four potential carers looked into the financial aspect and said they just couldn't manage on the carers allowance. Plus a combination of other reasons, not enough reliable support, difficulty with providing space in their current homes, and one daughter enjoyed her career so much that she wouldn't even consider cutting down her hours. A fifth woman I know of is very worried how she is going to cope as her mother needs more care because she is an only child, unmarried, so she has to work to support herself.
More than ever there is more pressure and need for couples to have either 2 full wages coming into the home , or at the very least one full time wage and one part-time wage.
For many people now, (and unless something is done it will get worse in the future) they have to choose between providing a secure home etc for a young growing family and an elderly parents care? Rock and a hard place, most don't want to turn their back on an elderly parents care needs but their finances are forcing them to do so.