[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Why are Social Workers so vilified? - Page 8 - Carers UK Forum

Why are Social Workers so vilified?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
132 posts
My daughter remembers attending a meeting related to Special Educational Needs, and one of the education dept said "she will never amount to anything" in front of her.

That was a constant source of motivation to her throughout university.
jenny lucas wrote:Charm, that seems extraordinarily unprofessional behaviour on their part, if they are yelling at you and slamming the phone down! Imagine if nurses and doctors did that to patients?

Can you record these outbursts on your phone?

Yes, social workers have a stressful job. But yelling at the public, let alone a client's carer, is just totally unprofessional.

PS - you can't possibly be a granny! Unless that is a VERY old photo of you! You look far too young!! :)

Doctors have been known to throw patients record cards on the floor,
Ages ago when the otraceptive pill was quite new,, some young wife wanted to get a new prescription for it( not realising that due to is religious beliefs ) that the doctor would not prescribe it. And he rudely told reporters to get out
jenny lucas wrote:Charm, that seems extraordinarily unprofessional behaviour on their part, if they are yelling at you and slamming the phone down! Imagine if nurses and doctors did that to patients?

Can you record these outbursts on your phone?

Yes, social workers have a stressful job. But yelling at the public, let alone a client's carer, is just totally unprofessional.

PS - you can't possibly be a granny! Unless that is a VERY old photo of you! You look far too young!! :)
It's routine Jenny for them to shout especially when you have to tell them they are wrong. They record the calls. Hook (Manager) shouted at me to tell me ''no-one needs 24/7 care''...all I did was say my son does need 24/7 care and the whole of the Health team agree with me including Consultant psychiatrist, Clinic Psychologist, LD nurse...so not just me saying he needs 24/7 care...and that was enough to cause her to rage down the phone repeating...''YOUR SON DOES NOT NEED 24/7 CARE''.
Yep, Jenny, I'm a nanny to 3.. aged 10,14 dec,18 aug
This one was taken 14/07/17
me and eldest second generation:)

Attachments

I feel truly sickened by the manner in which my son has been treated by the 'system of care' here in Birmingham UK. They have a lot to answer for, never mind screaming at me in person and down the phone. Yes, social workers may be frustrated but that doesn't get them the right. How do they think I and my family feel after being on the receiving end for their clinical mistakes at the off set?
I wonder if it is possible for service users to make a complaint directly to the Social Workers Professional Council?
bowlingbun wrote:Maybe we should start a new thread entitled "Why are carers so badly treated?".
Social workers, nurses, etc. are at least paid a good wage as oppo0sed to carers who get just over £3,000 a year, unless they are students, pensioners, or have a "proper" job. In theory, the allowance shouldn't matter too much because those of us who are caring a lot should have been assessed and receive Direct Payments directly from the LA. In reality, only a very "lucky" few ever get it!
We are supposed to be treated as equals, which is fine if we go along with what the social worker wants. As soon as we dare to say "No" any equality soon disappears.
I would love to take my eldest son to meetings, so he could tell them in his own words exactly what he thinks of the way I am treated, but he wouldn't be allowed to do that either as he has a very forthright vocabulary which is not politically correct.
I've had people on the phone telling me I am "rude" although I've never used a swear word to them, but I've been forthright in the way I've put my point across.
Hiya Bowlingbun, 100% and your quote
'Social workers, nurses, etc. are at least paid a good wage as oppo0sed to carers who get just over £3,000 a year, unless they are students, pensioners, or have a "proper" job. In theory, the allowance shouldn't matter too much because those of us who are caring a lot should have been assessed and receive Direct Payments directly from the LA. In reality, only a very "lucky" few ever get it!'

As you know I'm fighting them for this. The word is out there now many long term carers should be paid a proper rate for 'exceptional' circumstances. Myself I am not taking it lying down I am actively dealing with it. For months and months I have been blanked so now they wish to become 'involved' with me they are finding they can't. I am not seeing a 'service' who have tried to shut me up by underhand means. They should already know I'm way too strong for that. I have something extremely powerful to hand it's called the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth and I have mass evidence to hand as well. I will be getting my fight on...they haven't seen anything yet...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVLPdR5HAQc
If you were to ask the medical profession what their opinion is of Social services and social workers I feel sure the majority of doctors would say "I do not trust them"
Colin_1705 wrote:If you were to ask the medical profession what their opinion is of Social services and social workers I feel sure the majority of doctors would say "I do not trust them"
I wouldn't say it's just doctors who would say that Colin either. :S
Charm, I sent you a PM to say that your petition will need to be started afresh when the petitions web site starts up again.
132 posts