[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PETROL AND CARERS/DISABLED PEOPLE - Carers UK Forum

PETROL AND CARERS/DISABLED PEOPLE

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
WHO IS TO SUPPOSED TO HELP US WITH THE ABOVE.

DO YOU HAVE TO BORROW ON CREDIT CARDS ON THE NEVER NEVER PAY HUGE INTEREST ETC.

WHAT ARE WE SUPPOSED TO DO.

THE MEDIA OR ANY CARERS ORGANISATIONS HAVE NOT BROUGHT UP THIS SUJECT OR IS NOT CONTROVERSIAL ENOUGH WHEN IT COMES TO CARERS/DIABLED ISSUES.

£60 TO FILL MY CAR I GET £98 INCAPACITY BENEFIT PER WEEK MY CAR USES THIS MONEY IN JUST OVER A WEEK AND 2/3 DAYS.

I LIVE RURAL FOR MY HOMELESS TROUBLES.

WHAT ABOUT CARERS UK STARTING A POVERTY BASED FUND TO HELP CARERS AS THIS STUPID PATHETIC GOVERNMENT ARE DOING SOD ALL TO HELP US.

I HAVE SAID THIS BEFORE WE SHOULD SIGN A PETITON OF NO CONFIDENCE IN THIS GOVERNMENT AND THE USE AND ABUSE OF CARERS.

KENNETH2DUNDEENOWFIFE
Kenneth many carers are the partner of the disabled person and if the disabled person gives up their DLA (mobility) for a vehicle they then have to put patrol in it as well as been £186 a month down in money they may have been using for other things, like food or heating the home.
Like you Kenneth I live in a rural area although not as rural as some and just to visit family costs £6+ in petrol, an article in the Daily Express says that 14p can be taken off a litre, that's 71p off a gallon, but the government class petrol/diesel as a luxury item and add duty to it the is the biggest scam pulled by any government past, present , or future, how can petrol/diesel be classed as a luxury?
Take all duty and VAT off petrol/diesel and you get it down to 30% of the present price then add VAT at 17.5% and what do you get a gallon of diesel at just over £2 and petrol under £2 a gallon

Will it happen? pigs will fly first
One of the biggest things which i disagree with in this country is how the government claim so much in tax on petrol, they keep on batting on about wanting to make this country greener well that would be simple if they would allow the making and usage of air powered cars, now i know that an air powered car has been invented and it worked at a top speed of something like 45 mph ( which isn't too bad ), the only reason they will not do this is because petrol brings in too much tax for them and of course if they were to loose that they would then say " we have to put more tax on something else " so the government is quite happy to keep using the most pulutant thing we have all so they keep getting their tax from us.
Hypocritical if you ask me.
It's disgusting that Kenneth (and probably many more) pays £60 to fill his car out of £98. Where will the other £38 go? Probably on a bit of shopping. What about the mortgage/rent/bills? It's not as if disabled can get the bus or train easily. If they want to go anywhere, they have to use a car. There should be a discount for disabled on petrol but like has been said, pigs will fly first.

Talking of all the tax on petrol, the government have got to make up the loss of tax in the amount of people that have packed in smoking. Think about this. ONE packet of ciggies is around £5.70 now. That's ONE packet. £5.30 of that is tax. You don't need to work it out. Speaks for itself.
The tax is neccessasry because the government is broke. Very very broke and must claw back pennies every way it can. Were just easy targets. Luckily for them they can claim that the high fuel duty is towards "greener" living. Were the only county in the world at the moment that is actually making an effort to meet "green" targets and its costing us in all the different stealth taxes (bins only emptied twice a month etc).

There is no money left, they said that during the last budget. Labour even used thier last couple of reserve millions U Turning the 10p tax. After Gordons stroke to genius flogging all our gold for paper money and the downturn in economey after they destroyed our industry and agricultre the governments realised they are super poor and must do something.

Lucky for them not only are carers a soft target but we save them £87 billion a year as well.