[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
winter fuel payments - Carers UK Forum

winter fuel payments

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
hello all im a carer of 2 im not sure if this has been said befor but i think that the disabled should get this payment to not just the oaps they get cold to can cant heat there homes
please dont take this the wrong way but i know a lot of old ppl that dont use that money for heatting there home like it for i know a few that use it for bingo ect and then moan they are cold when they have spent the money
is there any think we can do for the disabled to get it to
I agree the disabled should get some kind of winter fuel payment too especially if there not working or on a low wage or need a carer to look after them. After all if their disabled they have to stay in more in the winter.

Keith
Image i must say i agree with this fully as said always the oap,s get these winter fuel payments. i think all disabled people should get this regardless of benefits but then you always hear on tv that the pensioners are getting this benefit that benefit and everything else and we never see the disabled community getting anything from central government come on Mr brown start thinking of the disabled and their carers not just the oap community
Edwina Currie had a great idea - give all the old folk knitting patterns so they could knit woolly hats to prevent hypothermia - mind you, she had her own rather less public but no less effective way of keeping warm in bed, didn't she ?? Image Well, it's just a thought.... Image
As an OAP I have to agree with you all. We will get £250 Winter fuel payment which will be spent on same as Jill feels the cold terribly. The heat in here nearly kills me though!
So come on Gordon, help the disabled more. Please.

Pete
Yes I agree too, I think that OAP [well some of them] and those that are disabled are in their homes a lot, and dont go out some cant walk about to keep warm, so yes, I have always maintianed that help should be given to both
It is about time the disabled received some form of heating payment, not that i am against oaps getting their payments, as already been mentioned there are people who cannot walk about to keep warm and through different types of illness for example diabetes or arthritis soon loose body heat because of poor circulation, it is a pity that no one in power has ever given any consideration to this problem, or maybe they have but its the same old story, cant afford to do that, funny thing tho they can find billions for banks and people who have high bonus payments.
The reasoning (aka feeble weasel of an excuse) usually goes along these lines:
Disabled people under pension age don't nead a winter fuel allowance because...

a) DLA pays for all the extra living expenses incurred by being disabled (yes, even if your transport eats up the entire mobility component and SS takes most of the care component).

b) Not enough disabled people die of hypothermia (because their carers won't let them?) so they can't possibly be struggling that much with fuel bills.

JIMMY HILL!
[quote]The reasoning (aka feeble weasel of an excuse) usually goes along these lines]

It is crazy, Catja: your first "excuse" is one the government actually uses. The fact that somehow they expect people to spend the money 2, 3, or more times only goes to show why the economy is struggling.
The fact that somehow they expect people to spend the money 2, 3, or more times only goes to show why the economy is struggling.
They do it, so they obviously think everyone else can!
The fact that we are struggling not only with our debt, but with theirs too escapes them!!
Must be nice to be able to borrow whatever you need to get you out of trouble and dump the debt on a whole nation!