[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Financial Assessment - Carers UK Forum

Financial Assessment

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Just wondered if anyone has been through the new financial assessment to do with Day Centre etc., Just managed to get mum to attend a day centre - she currently pays for her lunch. However I have been told that this is all due to change from the 1st July when further charges will be made We have a lady coming on Tuesday to find out what money she has ( basically all she has is her state pension and a small monthly pension from my dad) Mum lives with me and does not pay any rent however she does give me some money for example she helps with the council tax and also helps with groceries etc., plus she will help with one off costs like vet bills. My problem is she does not have a rent book so there is no proof - just wondered if anyone else has been in this situation. Linda
Should also have mentioned that I am a pensioner and providing 24/7 care for my mum. Thanks
Don't know if this is of any help- when the council assess my caree's contribution they take into consideration a "contribution to the household expenses" which they set the limit for. There is no need to prove the contribution is made.In our area it is £40 a week. I should imagine all councils follow the same principle but amounts may differ.