[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Mobile phone for dementia patient - Carers UK Forum

Mobile phone for dementia patient

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Can anyone recommend a mobile phone that is ultra simple to use? My husband has used a Doro 4-button phone (although he regularly forgets how to operate it) but it has now stopped working - it was a problem sometimes anyway as he managed to get through to emergency services when he was just fiddling with it, but on the whole very good as he had my mobile number, my daughter's and his daughter's loaded on to it with just one button to press plus the green one. Previous to buying that he had the AidCall emergency service pendant worn around his neck but then of course I couldn't call him to check he was OK if I ventured out for an hour or so and he couldn't call any of us if he had a minor problem.
Hi. I bought hubby one of those big button phones you mentioned but he still couldn't use it properly.
Like you I thought I could phone him if I nipped out but he'd mess with the buttons trying to answer it then I'd be worrying because I couldn't get through.
I found it easier in the end to take him out with me everywhere so we bought a campervan and he sleeps whilst I'm shopping.
Doesn't answer your question but before you buy one I would recommend that he tries to use it first.
It's a lot of money if he cannot manage one.
best wishes
the old doll has a vodafone "simply" mobile given free 2 years ago from the VW dealership when she got her new motability car ,,,, pay as you go ...