[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Where do Carers get the strength to care from? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Where do Carers get the strength to care from?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi John & Ange - Lovely picture! I like your username too Hicarrumba! Image Welcome to this special & friendly forum, your post really touches my heart and inspires me, it's a beautiful thing that you can see the beauty of the person, and see beyond what people suffer from, which I believe what a person suffers from is only a little part of who they are not what they are, and to gain strength from them too - it's wonderful that there are special inspiring people like you & Ange, and indeed, you are lucky to have each other Image

Meg I like your serenity prayer too, if it gives you the strength, courage & serenity, then more power to you!

Lola
x
You folks have got me thinking now and without banging on about religion if you want the full version of "Serenity" try googling "Serenity Prayer".....also try "Nothing is going to happen today" for another inspitational quote.
When you feel you are getting nowhere, particularly with social services remember if you have a room full of social workers with a blackboard and a whiteboard they will all try to show you the grey area.
Hi Meg!

Just wanted to share with the others the verses that have inspired you, you are right they are beautiful! Thanx Meg

Always remember that you experience love and gratitude like no other, via your Cared One.
xxx

Nothing is going to happen

Lord help me to remember that nothing is going to happen to me today that you and I together cannot handle.
Dear Lord. So far today I've done all right.
I have not gossiped.
I have not lost my temper, lied or cheated.
I haven't been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish or overindulgent.
I am very thankful for that.
But in a few minutes, Lord, I am going to get out of bed,
and from that moment on I am going to need a lot more help.
Anon

God grant me the serenity

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.
--Reinhold Niebuhr
I had a little respite today and spent my time on the internet researching verses, poems and quotes. I found www.poeticexpressions.co.uk which contains both the poems recently quoted and many more. It is all done under headings and has poems for all occasions. I particularly liked the prayer God.com.
I am not going to quote bits but will let you do your own homework folks.
Thanks for all the friendly feedback, it`s nice to feel I am not alone.
Thank you for sharing this website http://www.poeticexpressions.co.uk Meg, it is inspiring and comforting, there is a lot to read, but I enjoy going back to it, when I have the time.

Take Care
Lola
xxx