[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Where can I get a holiday for me, my daughter and my mum ... - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

Where can I get a holiday for me, my daughter and my mum ...

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
My husband is 60 and I am 50 does that make me his Carer then?

Gofd help me I already care for an elderley mother and disabled daughter Image
The term "vulnerable adult" is strictly defined, although I am over two decades younger than my husband it does not automatically mean that my husband is defined as a vulnerable adult and young adults can be defined as vulnerable.

Age Concern can do nothing other than report suspicions, just as any member of the public or other organisation can, to the Protecting Vulnerable Adults panel of the relevant local authority, they have no power to prosecute.

No one can force any of us to care if we cannot or will not whatever the family relationship and there is a world of difference between the normal marital squabbles and arguments and even the fact that a marriage has ceased to be sustainable and abuse.

And just for the record I am my carer's carer, i.e. although my husband is much older than me he used to assist me now I care for him to the best of my inadequate ability and what I cannot do for myself and he cannot help with is not done, that is life, but I could never by any stretch of the imagination be defined as vulnerable.
Oh dear,
That post of mine was supposed to be light hearted.
I apologise if it upset anyone.
It wasnt meant to do so.
Oh, forgot to mention, he doesnt know I know he has booked a holiday.
Oh dear,
That post of mine was supposed to be light hearted.
I apologise if it upset anyone.
It wasnt meant to do so.
Oh, forgot to mention, he doesnt know I know he has booked a holiday.
It's a wind-up, right?
My elderly relative was going downhill, gradually.
He never booked a holiday, just expected us to care for him. It wasn't always fun.
So - after a few years of running my home as his hotel at my expense, and noting that whilst my bank account was static but his continued to skyrocket, I just signed him on a three week cruise to the Med.
I figured that as they had a fully equipped sick bay, a doctor, and a duty of care, I was discharging my duty. And it was a lot cheaper than respite in a nursing home.
I dropped him off at the dockside.
He had a great time.
Nuff said - we carers need to be creative and assertive, not doormats!
Its no wind up Gerry,
I found out accidentally.
I meant the last post about age concern.
Its no wind up Gerry,
I'm appalled that anyone could book a holiday for himself and not discuss it with his wife first, are you sure you are right, mairie? I am sure you are, I suppose he will want you to pack his bags and do his laundry when he returns Image . I would wish him a happy holiday as he leaves, change the locks, leave a parcel on the doorstep for him to find when he returns home and when he opened it he would find a doormat with a note saying, "I think you will need a new one of these.".
I agree Parsifal!
Its no wind up Gerry,
I meant the whole topic.

I was going to write a short essay here but it boils down to the fact that you've read the advice given by the nice people on here, now it's time for you to decide.

I'm saying no more on the subject.

I wish you well.

Gerry.