[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Experiences with the antidepressant Efexor (Venlafaxine)? - Carers UK Forum

Experiences with the antidepressant Efexor (Venlafaxine)?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Hi everyone,
My mum has been on Efexor for longer than anyone in my family can remember. Since she came out of hospital last week she has been very depressed and is losing the will to keep herself clean or brush her teeth or anything. We have a home visit planned for Thursday from her psychiatrist and I was thinking of urging him to change this medication to something else. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of this antidepressant? I have a friend who's been on virtually every antidepressant known to man and she swears the best of the lot is Prozac. Has anyone any experience of this?

Thanks (as ever!) to all of you for your help.
Mandyxx
Hi Mandy.

I take prozac and find it's great when you first take it but I think your body gets used to it and the need to increase it to do the same job is imminent although I still take one a day and don't want to take any more.

This link might be interesting for you to have a look through regarding Efexor:

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/in ... 050AAyuvyK