[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Whats the point is CA increases? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

Whats the point is CA increases?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Inflation is around zero at the moment. Fuel prices have dropped, mortgage rates are great especially if you are on a tracker, Council tax is almost static, whilst government occupational pensions have risen by 5% to cover last years cost of living increase. But, this benefits carers with mortgages who drive cars and have index-linked pensions more than regular carers on benefits. So, its a very mixed picture.
IAM £10 BETTER OFF PLUS MY PRIVATE PENSION IS £30 MORE PER MONTH THAT IS BUT RENT £22 EXTRA COUNCIL TAX £10 EXTRA SO OVER ALL £8 QUID WHAT A FARCE BUT AT LEAST WE FEW ON THE CARERS ALLOWANCE WILL GET A MASSIVE BOOST ON BUDGET DAY THE ALLOWANCE WILL GO UP BY ABOUT £30 PER WEEK THIS WILL BE PAID FOR BY THE CHANCELLOR REMOVING THE PENSIONER CREDIT SOUNDS GOOD TO ME Image Image Image
You wait George Herschel, my broomstick goes to be repaired tomorrow and it will need repairing again if you don't watch it. What about all the poorest pensioners, shame on you and I thought that you were a good old leftie like me Image .

John, 22 April, the day of the protest march.
Cheers parsifal Image It used to be in March at one time.
Well I'm glad that CA is going up even though it's a small amount as I only qualify for CA so its an improvment for me. Some people don't even get CA at all, so I count myself lucky. Image

Yeah but considering that the prices go up by more than our increase its a bloody rip off we are still worse off Image
Yes mate, it still isn't enough to cover incontinence pants per week Image Image
it dont cover amys pull ups or the washing costs of cleaning her bedding

but hey that dont count does it

bloody governement and if i wernt a carer and had more money i would go up and protest
Just checked my bank and my Income support went down from £37.50 to £35.15 - that might be just for one week tho.

CA = £53.10 = + £2.55
IS = £35.15 = - £2.55

At the moment I'm no better off. Image
Cheers for the reminder i gotta check my bank today as Next Mondays payment goes in today.Cheers for jolting an old mans mind Image
Its a case of
give it in one hand
see it go out in other Image
Just received my carers allowance and as I work out everything monthly the following figures mean more to me.

I only get carers allowance, not entitled to anything else.

Used to be £202.20
Now £207.30
£5.10 increase a month. Less than a packet of fags. Oh well, I guess my caribbean trip is off this year.

Gerry.
it should be £212 per month when the next payment comes through as we are 3 weeks in arrears
Just checked my bank and my Income support went down from £37.50 to £35.15 - that might be just for one week tho.

CA = £53.10 = + £2.55
IS = £35.15 = - £2.55

At the moment I'm no better off. Image
It was just for one week (£37.50) now it gone up to £40.70.