[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Whats the point is CA increases? - Carers UK Forum

Whats the point is CA increases?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
I used to get

DWP CA 50.55
DWP IS 31.95

Now I am getting

DWP CA 53.10
DWP IS 29.40

So, whats the point of CA increases when you lose it to IS?
I used to get

DWP CA 50.55
DWP IS 31.95

Now I am getting

DWP CA 53.10
DWP IS 29.40

So, whats the point of CA increases when you lose it to IS?

You don't loose it at all.IS is being adjusted over a 4 week period and should level off in my case at 46 quid.

I was getting before today

CA £50.55p
IS £42.65p

Today i got
CA £53.10p
IS £40.10p

Next week
IS £51.30p

Week after
IS £46.76p

Week after that
IS £46

there after 46 quid per week.
Id look in to it if i were you rjbeard.BTW benefits that are paid on a Monday will be paid on Thursday for next weeks money.
Hi RJBEard

Welcome to the forum Image

It's hard to comment without full information but this is not the normal situation. Income Support rates have increased as well as Carer's Allowance. There has been an increase in all benefit rates, including the personal allowance and premiums in Income Support.

I would suggest you call our helpline as they can explore your individual situation further to see why you are getting less than the standard rate. 0808 808 7777 (Weds and Thurs)

2008-9 Income Support calculation:
personal allowance (single rate, aged 25 or over): £60.50
carer premium: £27.75
Total = 88.25
less Carer's Allowance £50.55 = 37.70 Income Support

2009-10 Income Support calculation:
personal allowance (single rate, aged 25 or over): £64.30
carer premium: £29.50
Total = 93.80
less Carer's Allowance £53.10 = £40.70 Income Support

Of course everyone's will be different as so many other factors come into play but you can see that overall the increase in your Carer's Allowance should not leave your IS the same, as the IS premiums have also gone up.

Matt
Matt is right there everyones circumstances are different.The wife gets DLA and ICB and therefore my benefits are based around that as well.
IAM £10 BETTER OFF PLUS MY PRIVATE PENSION IS £30 MORE PER MONTH THAT IS BUT RENT £22 EXTRA COUNCIL TAX £10 EXTRA SO OVER ALL £8 QUID WHAT A FARCE BUT AT LEAST WE FEW ON THE CARERS ALLOWANCE WILL GET A MASSIVE BOOST ON BUDGET DAY THE ALLOWANCE WILL GO UP BY ABOUT £30 PER WEEK THIS WILL BE PAID FOR BY THE CHANCELLOR REMOVING THE PENSIONER CREDIT SOUNDS GOOD TO ME Image Image Image

2008-9 Income Support calculation:
personal allowance (single rate, aged 25 or over): £60.50
carer premium: £27.75
Total = 88.25
less Carer's Allowance £50.55 = 37.70 Income Support

2009-10 Income Support calculation:
personal allowance (single rate, aged 25 or over): £64.30
carer premium: £29.50
Total = 93.80
less Carer's Allowance £53.10 = £40.70 Income Support

Matt
That's how mine works out , so I'll be a fiver better off Image - better than I thought.
IAM £10 BETTER OFF PLUS MY PRIVATE PENSION IS £30 MORE PER MONTH THAT IS BUT RENT £22 EXTRA COUNCIL TAX £10 EXTRA SO OVER ALL £8 QUID WHAT A FARCE BUT AT LEAST WE FEW ON THE CARERS ALLOWANCE WILL GET A MASSIVE BOOST ON BUDGET DAY THE ALLOWANCE WILL GO UP BY ABOUT £30 PER WEEK THIS WILL BE PAID FOR BY THE CHANCELLOR REMOVING THE PENSIONER CREDIT SOUNDS GOOD TO ME Image Image Image

When's Budget day ???
You wait George Herschel, my broomstick goes to be repaired tomorrow and it will need repairing again if you don't watch it. What about all the poorest pensioners, shame on you and I thought that you were a good old leftie like me Image .

John, 22 April, the day of the protest march.
Well I'm glad that CA is going up even though it's a small amount as I only qualify for CA so its an improvment for me. Some people don't even get CA at all, so I count myself lucky. Image
Well I'm glad that CA is going up even though it's a small amount as I only qualify for CA so its an improvment for me. Some people don't even get CA at all, so I count myself lucky. Image

Yeah but considering that the prices go up by more than our increase its a bloody rip off we are still worse off Image