[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What would make a difference to you - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

What would make a difference to you

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
thanku... when i lived up in carlisle they said i shud get the payments for babysitting????? maybe i will try
Hi Marion

You can find information on our website about Direct Payments: http://www.carersuk.org/Information/Hel ... PaymentsQA

Best wishes
Chris
Image Please forgive my ignorance, being a new kid on the block Image I think more publicity should be given to all who find themselves in the position of a carer and what services they,
1. Are entitled too
2. What they can apply for
3. More importantly how to apply and access the services they require
Gordon Image
]http://www.carersuk.org/images/icon_neutral.gif[/img] I think more publicity should be given to all who find themselves in the position of a carer and what services they,
1. Are entitled too
2. What they can apply for
3. More importantly how to apply and access the services they require
Gordon Image
This came up time and time again at the carer events.
This may be useful to you gordie:

http://www.carersuk.org/Information/Newtocaring
Image Thanks snoopy, after discussion with she who must be obeyed Image It has taken us approx 12 months to reach this point, and we are still finding info of use to us. Alice has just been awarded Higher rate DLA after review.
Gordon
I really believe that every assessment, whether as a result of a request for social care services or on planned admission or proposed discharge from hospital, should take into account the needs and abilities of the prime, sometimes only, carer and the wider family to meet the needs of the individual. Every assessment, whether of the individual in need of care or of the carer, should be an assessment of joint needs and capacity to meet those needs without assistance rather than the separate assessments that fail so many of us and those we care for. The current failure of systems to look at the individual in the context of the family denies services to carees and carers leaving them with unmet needs through lack of provision of services that a more holistic assessment would have identified.

For example, needs that could be easily met by an able-bodied person with few other responsibilities can be an impossibility for carers who are old and frail, disabled themselves or who have competing caring or other responsibilities. Assessing both the caree's needs and the abilities and needs of the family unit in a single assessment process would give a far more accurate picture and, by providing lower level assistance at an earlier stage often to someone who, by ignoring the inability of the carer to provide for them would currently fail to meet the increasingly tightened thresholds for provision of services, would, in the longer term, be more cost-effective than having to provide intensive services when a caring relationship breaks down due to lack of support.
Hi Parsifal! I remember you from another Carers forum, nice to see you over here again! Image
Hi Annie,

Nice to see you stranger Image .

How are you and yours??

x x x
Hi Annie, nice to see you again Image