[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
what to expect on my first driving lesson? - Page 5 - Carers UK Forum

what to expect on my first driving lesson?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
66 posts
Sianie, you will make mistakes - you're learning. It's allowed. Just try to enjoy it - it will get easier.
Don't worry too much about not getting the practice in. Sounds like you know a out driving already from being in the car with your mum. I had no car to practice in. WhenI was having my lessons, the only car I ever went in was for my driving lessons once a week Image
yeah i know. i am just going to use the leaner car as found out today that mums insurance wont allow me to be a 2nd driver untill i have had a full licence for 3 years Image so we shall see next year. when i think about it now the lesson was not that bad but i have picked up some of mums bad habits Image when it comes to driving.

had a look at what times i can take my theory test and they only have 8.30am so i would have to be up at 6am and try and wake up. will ask her next week when i should be booking my theory but you can only do it on line and there is no phone number. we will have to do a dummy run to find out where the centre is as i dont realy know chester and find some cars parks as the park n ride does not take anywhere near the centre Image
another lesson tomorrow. we are learning to turn right out of a juction Image i wonder how i will get on at it. we went on a test run to find out where the theory centre was and we found it Image not as hard as we thought by car but then i had to get the wheelchair out and went round in a circle uphill with the wheelchair Image but we found it but i was guffed by the end of it Image i am still practicing the theory Image will ask when i should be booking it and how far in advanced but looked and only times they had were 8.30am by brain wont be awake Image
only times they had were 8.30am by brain wont be awake Image
Image Image
how i will mange i do not know as i have not being going to bed till late as mum has needed me at 2.30/3am so i have stayed awake. naughty me Image
You could always call the centre and ask if they can make an exception. The worst they can do is say no.

If in doubt, just do what I always do and ask "What do you normally do to cater for carers and those with health conditions? Why are your times so specific as to exclude us? Huh?" Image
yeah thats a good idea but i could not find a number to ring and silly me only thought about going in to the centre and asking after we came back Image Image when i went on there you have to put your driver number in and what test and they choose a date and they were all 8,30 in the morning, i dont think mum would be up to driving that early. i will see if i can find a number but also was told you can only arrange it online Image
I'm often surprised that people do make exceptions if you ask (and they may take a bit of pushing) but then they might not so don't use up all your time and energy if it doesn't look likely. Not the best advice I know Image Image
well i looked through the internet and have read that i cant contact the centre by phone Image
66 posts