[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
what to expect on my first driving lesson? - Page 4 - Carers UK Forum

what to expect on my first driving lesson?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
66 posts
Hi sian
Don't know if these will help I will try and have a better look tomorrow
The Princess Royal Trust for Carers
Unpaid carers in the UK, especially those who live near a Princess Royal Trust for Carers Centre.
Applications are made via your local Princess Royal Trust for Carers Centre.
Please telephone the Trust for details
Eligibility
Unpaid carers in the UK, especially those who live near a Princess Royal Trust for Carers Centre.
Exclusions
Type of grants
One-off grants, for example towards driving lessons or domestic items.
Applications
Applications are made via your local Princess Royal Trust for Carers Centre.
Other information
Grant provided by: The Princess Royal Trust for Carers
Contact Details
Unit 14, Bourne Court
Southend Road
Woodford Green
Essex
IG8 8HD
Telephone: 0844 800 4361
Email: info@carers.org
Website]www.carers.org[/url]

Wrexham carers centre did have small grants upto March if they are still running might be worth asking if they still have them have

http://www.wrexham.gov.uk/english/life_ ... _grant.htm
Also found this might be worth a read for your complaint
http://www.wrecsam.gov.uk/assets/pdfs/c ... 011_14.pdf
hi thanks for that. i did apply for the grant this year but did not get anything Image applied last year and was told i could not use the money for driving lessons so i sent it back Image thanks for the link it could help with my complaint Image

i dont know how you find these i would not know where to look Image your brill Image
second driving lesson today. i wonder what i will be learning today Image Image
Your A.B.C.s Accelerator , Brake, Clutch.
It's like being back at school. I'm one to talk. I can drive, but missed out on taking the test. I'd have to learn all over again now.
Good for you doing it. Image
how come you missed out taking the test minnie
Life changed, caring role took over 24/7. I might take lessons again. reading your
posts is getting me interested again.
Minnie
thats good Image it is quite a lof money when you add it up. i have 1hour driving lesson it fit in with mun (caree). i found out last week that i have to take my theory in chester and driving test in wrexham Image so my theory test going to cost more than i thought and we would have to use park n ride never took mum in her wheelchair on public transport before Image should be fun when the time comes as its a hell of a job tp park in chester city centre but i am not sure where the theory centre is Image Image Image
Good luck with lesson today. Image
thank you Image got to take mum to have her feet done now Image
lesson was ok but we started added things like changing gears (1st to 2nd and back again) and slowing down with brakes and using the clutch to edge out of the juction and finding the "biteing point) with the clutch then pressing the accerlerator and of we go. stearing not too bad this week but i stalled the car for the first time Image . i pulled the clutch up to fast and it was like a kangaroo pulling out and the stopped right in the middle of the road Image . some how i have to try and practice but i cant use mums care or anyone elses as the insurance is to high and paying for lessons on top. as they are changing the theory from jan 2012 she wants to take the theory test before then so i better keeping practicing but i only just pass by the skin of my teeth Image

think i fluffed it a bit today but then she said i was streets ahead other learner drives Image we shall see next week we are going to start turning right out of junction. lets hope we have no more kangaroo's and stopping in the road Image Image
66 posts