[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
what to expect on my first driving lesson? - Carers UK Forum

what to expect on my first driving lesson?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
66 posts
hi all

i am having my first driving lesson today and i am really p**ping myself as i do not know what to expect Image

any advice would be GREAT Image

i am only having an hour and it is like a test run to see if we "gel" with each and i gel with the car.

I am really scared ARRRRRRRRRRRR
Well you posted this over an hour ago so hopefully you will have been and gone?

I expect you will just get to know the car and your instructer will work out what you can do. Just relax xx

Good luck, let us know how you got on.

xx
hi
no i havent gone yet. lesson not till 5.30pm so a bit to go yet. i can get quite nervous as a passenger so a leaner driver think it maybe worse.
Can't offer any advice. Its 25 years since I started to learn to drive and I'm sure it must be different now. I'm sure the instructor is used to people with nerves.

Just remember why your doing it and all the great places you'll be able to go when you've passed your test.
Great to hear you're having driving lessons / a driving lesson now Sian! Image

Don't worry about it.
On my first driving lesson the instructor took me to a very quiet road (I don't think we saw another car the whole day that wasn't parked) and just talked me through everything. He showed me what everything did, told me about how to work the controls and started very gently, not rushing me if I wasn't ready. Checking to see if I wanted to he got me to move the car only a few feet, just so I actually got to do it and then drove me home.

It was really gentle and easy going. He didn't put me in the drivers seat and take me on big roads. I'm sure you'll be fine. Just say if there's anything you're not comfortable with.
Hope they're a nice instructor. That helps too Image
I've been driving for over thirty years and I think I'll pull over now as it's quite tiring! Image

Ask as many questions as you want.
Take your time.
Don't do anything you're not sure of.
If you don't get on with the instructor, you can always try another one.
Remember, you were once a baby and walking seemed impossible...
and one more thing, GOOD LUCK!
Thank You Image

getting kinda nervous but excited too. will let you know when i am back how it went Image
I hope it goes well for you Image will this also mean I will be the last man (ok person) standing (ok sitting) that cannot drive? Image Image
I hope it goes well for you Image will this also mean I will be the last man (ok person) standing (ok sitting) that cannot drive? Image Image
No, i still cant drive..my daughter sits her test next week so i will just nag her to take me out xx
I only grudgingly leant out of necessity Image
66 posts