[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What is your relationship with the person you care for? - Page 9 - Carers UK Forum

What is your relationship with the person you care for?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
89 posts
My fault Jean but there was limited number of options to use. You could always chose 'daughter'.

x
My Grandmother x Image
I was carer to both of my parents, my dad passed away a couple or years ago and I'm still caring for my Mother.

There's a vague possibility that I may have to take in an elderly aunt too in the not too distant future...
Oops - sorry, hit the wrong button! Image
I care for my 6 year old daughter.

Lorretta
x
Didn't realize so many looked after their mums like me! Image
I was carer to both of my parents, my dad passed away a couple or years ago and I'm still caring for my Mother.

There's a vague possibility that I may have to take in an elderly aunt too in the not too distant future...
No, not "may have to", please. As carers, we are in the lovely situation that we can choose who we care for. There is no legal or moral duty to bring in all the rellys, if you do it, you do it by choice. Otherwise where does it stop, lets say you have ten demented great aunties. Would you start extending your attic to take them all in, five to a room ? I think not. I recall a young chap who married a teenaged girl who was run over by a bus and required 24 hr care by trained nurses. To whom I say, visit every week or two by all means if you so wish, but find a new life, get a new girl, go out and enjoy life, live long and prosper, free from guilt. Thats what the Welfare State is for.
i have a son on the autistic spectrum and a daughter with spld and problems with her hips shes about to have a second hip surger. Now im disabled too fibromyalgia and arthritis x
I care for my mum who had had more heart attacks than I care to remember, blood vessel damage to her brain, degenerative heart disease, there is a whole list of ailments and I am almost certain will soon be diagnosed with dimentia but hasn't happened yet.

I am also Mum to a fantastic teenager who has battled OCD and has autism.
89 posts