[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What is your relationship with the person you care for? - Page 7 - Carers UK Forum

What is your relationship with the person you care for?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
89 posts
Rosemary, I am so sorry | too got it wrong, I look after my mother and ticked mother instead of daughter.silly me!
Still not got the hang of this my name is Deana should put dopey in front of that!
I am 62 years old daughter, and I look after my 90 year old mother - Linda, Luton
I think the poll is interesting,and it would be even more interesting to know why we care.Duty,love,family pressure,guilt,lack of anybody else.In my case it`s because having worked in the care world i have yet to find a home i would want anybody i care for living there,and because i am confident i can care for my parents at the moment,but for many it all comes as a massive change,and we still live in a society where the woman is expected to deal with these things.
It is interesting to see the percentage of people caring for more than one person. As people are living longer I dont think it will be too long before sandwich carers become the largest group.
Yes, but those of us who have done the job for a while have now become a bit more assertive, and the cuisine has changed and become a bit tastier and more international: I call us the kebab generation: we skewer all before us. Image
Image Image Image Image
Now I understand why you have a sword in your hand Scally!
Image Image
As I have said before I care for my wife full time now, well for the past 2+ years. I had a decent job, having completed a degree when I was 34, now 47. I was working full time and taking care of my wife at the same time, until recently, when she was diagnoised with RA and OA. My wife was hospitalised for a short time and trying to juggle work, caring for my wife, looking after the pets, house, etc.. became too much one day. Thought that I was having a heart attack, didn't want to tell my wife as she was in hospital at the time, couldn't phone her due to being hooked up to ECG and the rest. So I took redundancy when it came up.
I find this post very interesting, getting to know all about the carers and their carees xx hope I can be of some help in any way,xx
89 posts