[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What is your relationship with the person you care for? - Page 2 - Carers UK Forum

What is your relationship with the person you care for?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
89 posts
our "family" of carers here,diverse,as we know,all differ.Just How diverse,IS a very good question.Diversity in terms of whom we care for,how we are related to them,is of interest.It is a way to make the forum more three dimentional,offer more depth.
our "family" of carers here,diverse,as we know,all differ.Just How diverse,IS a very good question.Diversity in terms of whom we care for,how we are related to them,is of interest.It is a way to make the forum more three dimentional,offer more depth.
very true. and also tems of colour and sexuality as well as age. would be very interestinf to see polls on these too..
Also how many carers are disabled themselves. I can think of me and Parsifal for two Image

Eun
Probably a fair few more, Eun. But like most things it depends how you define disability.
In receipt of DLA?

Eun
I would say that emotionally I have become very disabled, since the death of Rhys. It defines who I am,and I have great difficulty in continuing to be a Carer to my husband and Ben now and doing all that I have to do around the house. In fact, I think if I had to cope as Eun is doing, or Parsifal I don't think my body would be able to cope.
Katie has had to give up work, because I could not cope with Daniel for nine hours a day,as well as my caring role. That has knocked me for six,realising just how much I am dragging myself out of bed each morning. It has a huge impact on my caring role.
Whoops I mucked it up, put down son instead of mother Image
Vicky
haha vicky you wont be alone there
I only owned up because George might ask who the other son is Image
Vicky
Blue, your relationship to the person you care for is daughter.
Thank you!!! I was having a blonde moment again!! xx
89 posts