[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
What is your relationship with the person you care for? - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

What is your relationship with the person you care for?

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
89 posts
[quote]I know I'm being really stupid but I have to ask sorry]

Yeah it made me think hard too Blue lol i ticked Husband as i care for my wife.Hope its right Image
hey what about spouses that aren't married? we are not represented at all on the list. Image
well i put it down as if married asthats our i class it with my partner
hey what about spouses that aren't married? we are not represented at all on the list. Image
My fault, that was the maximum categories the forum would allow. With hindsight maybe I should have added in the word partner Image Image
that's alright rosemary, I'll promote myself and get the chains out!! - just thought
it would be interesting to see....
interesting stats at the moment seems theres more men than women looking after someone Image
In receipt of DLA?

Eun
Garn! Thats a bit like defining Carers as folk in receipt of Carers Allowance. Only 10% of carers get it, for all kinds of reasons I wont go into here.
(OK, I'll give you a wee hint: my Dad is 90 years old, he is disabled, and he is a carer for my Mum who does receive DLA, and yet he doesn't receive DLA himself ..... because he didn't become disabled until a mere 20 years ago and he worked until he was 65 .... so neither of them receive Carers allowance either !)

The Welfare State isnt the solution: it's the problem.
To date 84 votes

Men 28

Women 41

Unknown 15
unkown? must be mr or mrs nobody Image
unkown? must be mr or mrs nobody Image
Trust you Image Image Image Image

There was only so many options allowed, hence the last 2 groups joined together.
89 posts