[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
letter - Carers UK Forum

letter

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
had a letter today from council tax saying the payments have been suspended due to my husband no longer being entitled to income support. apparently i.s stopped on sept 25th but this is the first we have heard about this. just wondered if anyone knows why i.s would stop and if anyone else had had similar problems.
Hi there,

Hopefully you have rang them to find out that it is just an error and they have adjusted it now Image
Contact the DWP immediately to query it. The longer you delay the more money you could lose out on.
charles has that right,time is money,time is of the essence here,yes,do get onto dwp double quick.
got in touch with income support (finally) and apparently because of the new government guidelines we are no longer entitled to income support towards the mortgage because the government have dropped the rate of interest they will pay on the ammount outstanding or some claptrap like that. so as it stands at the moment we stand to lose our home. Image
That doesn't sound right, Sarah. Get it checked by a welfare rights adviser as soon as you can, or contact the CUK helpline. You can leave a message out of hours, I think.
how do i find these people please charles
Do a search on your local authority website - "welfare rights" or use the helpline here -

http://www.carersuk.org/Forums/viewtopic.php?t=12838
thankyou very much i will get onto this right away
Hi Sarah, please make sure and get every sodden person name you sepak to make notes of dates and times especially from the infamous dwp and never hand over original letters.

please as l said make loads of notes and of course telephone no of contacts make them send you confiramtion letters etc.

THE DWP ARE FAMOUS FOR LOOSING INFORMATION AND WHOLE FILES SUDDENLY GET LOST ASPECIALLY WHEN YOU APPEAL SOMETHING AS I HAVE BEEN DOING FOR 4 YEARS NOW.

Mum will have to sell the house after the maladminisration the dwp have done to mum and me.

kenneth2dundee