[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
what a crap couple of days - Carers UK Forum

what a crap couple of days

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
i have to tell someone, well Thursday started ok the sun came up, mum had an appointment for a tablet review, so my aunt said she would take mum to doc and i'd meet her there as i only work across the road, so i meet them there found out mum had a fall, she felt faint and layed on the floor for 10 minutes she didn't use her care line cause she knew my aunt was coming Image anywhere she told the doc, my aunt took her up to A&E while i went home to get her tablet and drew the curtains, by the i got to A&E they had move her to MAU in the different part of the hosp so 15minute later i found her, so we had test done i sat with her till ten then was told they were keeping mum in for the night arrrrrrrr. so came home went to bed woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to bed so i went to work, phoned hosp in the morning to be told she was ok and she would see the consulten in the afternoon, so at 11.30 mum rings to say she can go home, so i go to get mum and had a quick sking lesson hit the curb, and basicly wrote my car off as its not worth alot, but was going part exchange it for my new car, but not now, busted the cross bone or something front wheel thingey is well and truely B******. first call to AA was 12.30 they came at 3 cause snow was bad sat in my car fo 3/4 of an hour, then i'm now waiting for the recovery man to collect the car on the flat bed, one thing the dog loves the snow and she just rolled in it and got soaking wet, just love the smell of wet dog (not)
Oooo GA I'm listening and sympathising, was gonna say it never rains but pours though not apt with all the snow about. Glad you're in once piece and not injured from skid. Hope Mum got home safely and you found a hair drier for that wet dawg. Here's hoping your weekend is less eventful.
Oh Green Archer, just one thing after another. I'm glad your Mum is ok. What a nightmare about your car.

Melly1
Im so sorry about your car, but Im glad that you and your mum are OK.
Take care xx
You and your mum are OK....that is the main thing.

Now two ideas on the car front, your insurance pay out would cover the value of the car as deposit on your new one. If you have done the deal with a main dealer they will often honour the trade in regardless of the condition of the vehicle if you give them the write off value from your insurer.xx
You're talking about the wishbone, part of the front wheel suspension, which is easily bent or broken in things like you had.
Main thing is that you're both all right.
Most of the time, the hospitals our carees are taken to, aren't conveniently near by!
Glad to know your Ok the car is replaceable if the garage had offered you a price
it would probably bottom book price depending on age ins will offer you the same
probably so should not make much difference the only difference being
they will not have a car to get rid of so if paying cash ask what they'll let you have
the new one for that is the difference it might have done you a favour?
But happy you are all Ok Image
i have to tell someone, well Thursday started ok the sun came up, mum had an appointment for a tablet review, so my aunt said she would take mum to doc and i'd meet her there as i only work across the road, so i meet them there found out mum had a fall, she felt faint and layed on the floor for 10 minutes she didn't use her care line cause she knew my aunt was coming Image anywhere she told the doc, my aunt took her up to A&E while i went home to get her tablet and drew the curtains, by the i got to A&E they had move her to MAU in the different part of the hosp so 15minute later i found her, so we had test done i sat with her till ten then was told they were keeping mum in for the night arrrrrrrr. so came home went to bed woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to bed so i went to work, phoned hosp in the morning to be told she was ok and she would see the consulten in the afternoon, so at 11.30 mum rings to say she can go home, so i go to get mum and had a quick sking lesson hit the curb, and basicly wrote my car off as its not worth alot, but was going part exchange it for my new car, but not now, busted the cross bone or something front wheel thingey is well and truely B******. first call to AA was 12.30 they came at 3 cause snow was bad sat in my car fo 3/4 of an hour, then i'm now waiting for the recovery man to collect the car on the flat bed, one thing the dog loves the snow and she just rolled in it and got soaking wet, just love the smell of wet dog (not)

Aaawwwww can I give you a hug (((((((((hug)))))))))). There is only one consolation and that is, someone else is having an even worse crap time, god only knows where they are, but there out there!!!!!!!! I hope next week is a much better one for you, and your mum, fingers crossed X Take care, with best wishes RRB
Hopefully picking up my new car tomorrow, but will be driving very very slowly and very very carefully staying away from all curbs and things i can slide into, i was hoping that the snow would go by then, but it looks like its staying, Mum on the mend i think, Image she had a shower and got dress this morning, she asleep now, but sleep is supposed to be good for you, i'v said that i would go into work Wednesday early to finish early so i can get her lunch when i get back, only if she ok, otherwise no, she on the good old antibiotics, they seem to be moving thing hopefully in the right direction, it amazes me if she asleep and i turn the tele over she said i was watching that or you think she asleep and she will answer a question on the Chase, i think she was a Dragon in her past life( cause they sleep with one eye open) Image
GA, I do things like that with quiz progs, eyes shut but answering the questions.