[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
HYWELL FRANCIS M.P. E.D.M. 111 - Carers UK Forum

HYWELL FRANCIS M.P. E.D.M. 111

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
HYWELL FRANCIS M.P. has put forward an early day motion 111 re carers ( they are useless in truth but it`s nice to see who signs them) as D. CAMERON conservative leader now appears to be a carer well at least at weekends i wonder if he will sign the e.d.m. me thinks not .
http://www.carersuk.org/Newsandcampaign ... 1228471289

Hywel Francis MP, who spoke to carers at the Westminister protest rally last week, has tabled a motion in support of Carers Right Day. The Early Day Motion (EDM) is number 111, and we want as many MPs to sign it as possible.
That this House welcomes the Carers UK lobby of parliament on 4 December 2008 and National Carers Rights Day on 5 December 2008; recognises the commitment and sacrifices of six million unpaid carers; draws attention to the new report Carers in Crisis which shows that carers are struggling financially in the present economic climate with 65 per cent. living in fuel poverty, 52 per cent. cutting back on food and 54 per cent. in debt; notes that Carer's Allowance is still only £50.55 per week and that the Work and Pensions Select Committee has called for an urgent overhaul of carers' benefits; and calls on the Government to publish a plan and timetable for ensuring that its 2018 vision that no carer falls into financial hardship because of their caring role, as promised in the National Carers Strategy, becomes a reality.
You can see the EDM and find out who has signed it on the parliament website

Email your MP through the website http://www.writetothem.com and ask them to sign EDM 111.
(Please note if your MP is a Minister of State they are not allowed to sign EDMs)
WELL WE HAVE 8 M.P`S UP TO NOW WHO HAVE SIGNED IVE ASKED MY M.P. IF HE HAS OR WILL HE BE SIGNING THE E.D.M. WHATS THE POINT THERE USELESS . Image

AS CAMERON IS A WEEKEND CARER WONDER IF HE WILL SIGN . Image
EDM's can't be signed by ministers and as far as I know it is also the same for front benchers for the Opposition: it ties them to policies they may not support when in power.
I dont want to name names but one of the signartories to the E.D.M. is an M.P. who was once minister for the disabled and must have had some influence re carers reform so why did she not open he mouth when she was in a position of "POWER" aint life strange . Image