[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 585: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/phpbb/session.php on line 641: sizeof(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
We are in this together - Templates for media and MPs re:JSA - Page 3 - Carers UK Forum

We are in this together - Templates for media and MPs re:JSA

Share information, support and advice on all aspects of caring.
Sent mine,for what it,s worth.

Hamish Image
Who in their right mind will employ some one who is a carer can you see the interview
BIG BOSS "well then do you have any questions for the interview panel "

carer looking for job " will it be ok if i come in late every morning as i have to help my elderly disdabled relative to go to the toilet then get her dressed and make sure she eats her breakfast and takes her medication and ive got to wait for neighbour to pop over to keep an eye on her also at lunch time can i have an extra hour so i can pop home to make sure she`s ok and if its ok can i leave early to make her tea and get her ready for bed iam not available for weekend work at all also if she contacts me at work will i be able to leave and go home to reassure her that all is ok" .

BIG BOSS "any other questions"

carer looking for job "can i have time off to take mum to doctors / hospital/day center also how many weeks holiday do i get "

BIG BOSS " thank you ive got some others to interview but will be in touch "
If as they say unemployment is going to rise to over 2,000,000 where are these job's going to come from for carer's or is the probable rise in unemployment the carer's going on to JSA and all those coming off ICB.
That's a question to ask our MP's
John
Have receive a reply to my email today
From my local MP Philip Hollobone who has passed the e-mail on too

Anne McGuire MP
Parliamentary Under Secretary (Disabled People) at the DWP So well wait and see if she replies. Pity he didn’t send it also to James Purnell at the DWP
CHECK MY POST RE LETTER FROM ANNE MCGUIRE SHE SAYS CARERS ALOWANCE IS "SAFE" YET DURING INTERVIEW SHE SAID CARERS WOULD MOVE OFF CARERS ALLOWANCE AND ONTO J.S.A.

SHE IS SO CONFUSED AS TO WHAT THE GREEN PAPER IS ALL ABOUT ITS JUST UNBELIEVEABLE.
JOHNRJ We as carers should not worry about the rise in unemployment if as carers we have to seek employment we will have to leave our caree`s in the hands of the social services / local authority, if we are not able to care for them because we now have paid employment and are unavailable to care for our elderly disabled relatives the local authority will have to care for them, they will probably employ a carer who has had to seek paid employment so as carers with years of experience we will find it ever so easy to get jobs as carers for some elderly disabled person .
hang on would it not be easier for me to remain as full time carer for the old doll and just give me an extra £50 instead of local authority paying a care worker some £250 a week to enable me to go out to work do these people ever listen .

GEORGE=====
Just had contact with my MP.My letter been forwarded to Purnell.
http://www.thestar.co.uk/letters/Carers ... 4422734.jp

Carers are already working full-time

As a carer I am angry at proposals to transfer working age carers on Carers Allowance and Income Support to Job Seekers Allowance as is proposed in the Green Paper No One Written Off: Reforming Welfare to Reward Responsibility.
Transferring carers who are providing a minimum of 35 hours a week unpaid care (work) to a benefit that suggests they are not working and are available for work is an insult to carers and a contradiction of the Government's claim to 'recognise' carers' immense contribution' to society (estimated to be worth £87 billion a year).

Furthermore, placing carers on JSA is misleading in that it implies that those with substantial caring responsibilities have the choice to combine unpaid caring work with paid employment, when in fact the lack of appropriate affordable respite in the system means that many carers do not have a genuine choice.

I would like to know if our MPs are prepared to back their warm words about carers with action.

I would also like to know readers' views on this. I am sure other carers will be interested in their MP's and other party candidates' responses.

P Hanson
The DWP Secretary answered various questions online from citizens focusing primarily on the Welfare Green paper and various issues related to it such as geetting the long term unemployed back to work, education opportunities and carers and many more

Click the link to read more......

http://www.egovmonitor.com/node/20621
Good to see your question, Rosemary.

Not sure about some of the answers though - how he could get his facts wrong about DLA and AA, and tell us "nothing will change" for carers when clearly there will be some sort of change, I really don't know.